1. The fact that the man says he "helps" with house chores, as if he's a guest IN HIS OWN HOUSE and doesn't share 50% of the responsibility.
2. Or that, despite both of you having jobs, the man usually gives the "I'm too tired" excuse in order to avoid doing something as simple as cooking dinner (which literally takes 20 minutes).
3. Or, in some cases, when the man appeals to his "ignorance" in a specific domestic field and tells you "you do it better than I do, anyway."
4. You do all the grocery shopping, even if that means buying products that are specifically for him (like those blue razors), yet he is incapable of buying you a box of tampons.
5. When the man actually does cook dinner and then expects your eternal gratitude and thanks in return.
6. When you tell him he needs to help out more at home, and he gets upset, so he spends a week acting like Wonder Man just so he can go back to doing nothing shortly thereafter.
7. When the man expects you to keep track of everything in his life: "Do you know where I left the car keys? / Have you seen my blue shirt? / Do you know if there's any beer at home?"
8. When the man assumes you are his personal therapist for all of his meltdowns, but then he either doesn't pay the slightest bit of attention to yours or plays them down with phrases like "It's not a big deal" or "Don't worry, it will be resolved in the end."
9. When the man makes plans for the both of you without consulting you on your opinion, while you usually make time to ask him how he feels about doing X thing next Sunday.
10. And when the man assumes that you're available 100% of the time.
11. When his professional career is prioritized over your own. For example, if he gets a job abroad, it is assumed that you'll go with him, leaving behind your own career, friends, and everything else that you have in your country.
12. When the man feels uncomfortable earning less than you.
13. When you always organize leisure activities.
14. When the man invites you to spend time with his friends, but always turns down the invitation when you ask him to come hang out with your own friends.
15. Or, if the man does accept your invitation, he sulks the whole evening, just to make it clear that he didn't really want to come in the first place, making you feel uncomfortable in front of your friends.
16. When you're hanging out with your mutual friends, and the group splits up into one group with all the men and one with all the women.
17. When the man steals your stories or jokes and uses them as his own, sometimes even mere minutes after you told the joke in the first place.
18. When you have to hide your merits and achievements just so that his male ego doesn't feel threatened.
19. When it's assumed that when he's sick you'll take care of him, which you'd gladly do, but when you're sick, he says he doesn't know what to do.
20. When the man feels completely free to tell you how you should wax your pubic hair.
21. That when the man is aroused, he sticks it straight in without making the slightest effort to check to see if you're wet.
22. Or when he treats a blow job like a mandatory part of the sexual act, but when it comes time to return the favor, that will have to wait for "another day."
23. When the man insists with phrases like "come on, do it for me," even though you've already told him that you don't enjoy a certain sexual practice.
24. When sex is performed under his terms: meaning, if he feels like doing something and you don't, he insists, but if he doesn't feel like doing it... well, he just doesn't feel like it, end of story.
25. When you're the one who always has to worry about not getting pregnant, even if it just involves saying "put on a condom."
26. When the man assumes you're going to be thrilled at the prospect of having children simply because you're a woman.
27. And...when he finishes before you, and doesn't care if you haven't yet.
This post was translated from Spanish.