1. World Record Catch: Fisherman Snares 800lb Shark
World Record Catch: Fisherman Snares 800lb Shark
A LAND fisherman caught a record-breaking 805lb mako shark - and then barbecued and ate it with his friends. Joey Polk, 29, and his two cousins Earnie Polk, 43, and Kenny Peterson, 21, battled the 11ft predator for more than an hour before finally hauling it onto the shore at a secret location on the Florida Panhandle. The catch, set on April 15, beat a previous record set by Earnie for a mako weighing 730lbs, in February 2009. The potential world-record is being judged by the International Land-Based Shark Fishing Association, who look at big game catches caught by fishing on dry land. The Polk family normally release their catches and have helped local groups tag hundreds for conservation. However, this shark was too tired after the epic battle and to avoid wasting him the trio enjoyed their catch at a jumbo-sized family barbecue.
Videographer / Director: Earnie Polk
Producer: Liam Miller
Editor: Joshua Douglas
For more amazing footage of the amazing side of life, visit the
Like Barcroft TV on Facebook: http://goo.gl/7ayYgY
Follow Barcroft TV on Twitter: http://bit.ly/10vFLY9
Barcroft Media website: http://bit.ly/19OYwp
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Trump may have initially blamed Democrats for Friday's failed health care bill, but it took only 2 days for him to start blaming Republicans, too.
- United Airlines stopped 3 girls from flying because they were wearing leggings. The rule applies to travelers on "company benefit travel."
- South Korean prosecutors have reportedly asked a judge to issue an arrest warrant for former President Park Geun-hye.
- "Orange Is The New Black" actor Samira Wiley and writer Lauren Morelli officially tied the knot in Palm Springs 🌴