1. Cow Wedding: Sacred Cow And Bull Are Married In India
Cow Wedding: Sacred Cow And Bull Are Married In India
A COW and a bull have been married off in a lavish Indian wedding - costing £10,000. More than 5,000 villagers turned up to watch sacred cow Ganga and Prakash get hitched during the Hindu ceremony held near Indore in Madya Pradesh. The nuptials were organised by Ganga’s guardian, Gopal Patwari, to save the state’s harvest from a ‘natural disaster’. The wedding took two months to organise and cost Rs 1million (about £10,000) - half the cost of the average British wedding. Invitations were sent to 10,000 residents of three closely connected villages, encouraging them to donate what they could spare.
Videographer / Director: Shuria Niazi
Producer: Aamir Bashir / John Balson
Editor: Ian Phillips
For more amazing footage of the amazing side of life, visit the
Like Barcroft TV on Facebook: http://goo.gl/7ayYgY
Follow Barcroft TV on Twitter: http://bit.ly/10vFLY9
Barcroft Media website: http://bit.ly/19OYwp
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- The Trump administration wants to send immigrants caught at the southern US border to Mexico even if they're not from the country.
- Several states will keep enforcing bans against transgender discrimination in schools after Trump withdrew guidelines protecting students.
- Police arrested at least 10 people on Wednesday as they began clearing out protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- A couple recently celebrated their engagement with a "La La Land" inspired photo shoot, and it's pretty cute 💍📷