1. Pack healthy snacks before you leave — only the packaged snacks are cheap at gas stations.
2. Invest in a personal Wi-Fi device — internet access on the road can be spotty and pricey.
3. If possible, book flights that are on “off days” to score cheaper airfare.
4. Send postcards from vacation instead of purchasing souvenirs. They’re cheaper and even more thoughtful.
5. Don’t eat out for every meal. Try planning picnic lunches in fun locations.
6. Ask if there are upgrades available at airports and hotels. It's a little embarrassing, but what if the answer is "yes"?
7. Scope free or “pay what you will” destinations.
8. If you have leftover foreign change, gift it to young relatives instead of getting it exchanged.
9. Plan ahead so you can manage your money wisely.
Reward yourself with the Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card -- ditch the restrictions of typical airline rewards cards and use your points for more than just flights. Click here for more information.
All post images by Lyla Ribot / BuzzFeed. Thumbnail images by Thinkstock.