1. No one has ever heard of Barbados.
2. People think it's in Jamaica or Africa solely because of your accent and/or skin colour (if you're Black).
3. People from outside of the Caribbean WILL be surprised you can speak Standard English “fluently.”
4. People will assume you live in a grass hut and wear coconut bras and grass skirts.
5. Furthermore, they're AMAZED we have computers and the internet.
6. If your last name is Cumberbatch and you're family is from St. Peter, your ancestors were likely owned by those of Benedict Cumberbatch and you may well be related to him.
7. The BBC documentary “Barbado'ed: Scotland's Sugar Slaves” opened your eyes to a whole side of Barbados you never knew existed.
You can watch the documentary on Veoh.