1. No one has ever heard of Barbados.
2. People think it's in Jamaica or Africa solely because of your accent and/or skin colour (if you're Black).
3. People from outside of the Caribbean WILL be surprised you can speak Standard English “fluently.”
4. People will assume you live in a grass hut and wear coconut bras and grass skirts.
5. Furthermore, they're AMAZED we have computers and the internet.
6. If your last name is Cumberbatch and you're family is from St. Peter, your ancestors were likely owned by those of Benedict Cumberbatch and you may well be related to him.
7. The BBC documentary “Barbado'ed: Scotland's Sugar Slaves” opened your eyes to a whole side of Barbados you never knew existed.
You can watch the documentary on Veoh.
8. If you are a “Bajan White”, you are automatically assumed to be rich and a surfer.
9. If you are “Indian” you're from Guyana or Trinidad.
10. If you are a Muslim who wears traditional Muslim clothing, you get stared at constantly.
11. If you are a gay man, you're happy you don't live in Jamaica but Barbados is still backward on the whole gay rights issue.
12. You've seen this image and laugh when non-Barbadians/Caribbean people try to use these words in a sentence.
13. You call Massy “Massa.”
14. It is cheaper to order things online and ship them in than to buy them locally.
15. No one knows that Rihanna is from here.
16. People are shocked you don't know how to swim.
17. You're not Bajan if you don't like mauby.
18. You saw D-Piddy's Animekon video and laughed at the comments.
19. Also, people are surprised you know what anime and cosplay are.
20. You freak out every time Barbados is mentioned in a movie or TV show.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!