2. Gone With the Wind (1939)
Gone with the Wind won Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actress, Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Supporting Actress, Best Cinetomatography (Color), Best Film Editing, and Best Art Direction. Hattie McDaniel’s Best Supporting Actress win marked the first time an African-American received an Academy Award.
4. West Side Story (1961)
Based on Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet, West Side Story went on to win ten Oscars: Best Picture, Best Supporting Actor, Best Supporting Actress, Best Art Direction, Best Cinematography (Color), Best Costume Design, Best Director, Best Film Editing, Best Original Score and Best Sound. It has the distinction of being the musical that received the most Oscars.
14. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003)
The Return of the King won eleven academy awards, including Best Picture, Best Director, Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Original Score, Best Original Song, Best Visual Effects, Best Art Direction, Best Costume Design, Best Make-up, Best Sound Mixing, and Best Editing.
- Fyre Festival — organized by Ja Rule and billed as a luxury event — has turned into a total shitshow and people are livid 💸😱
- American Airlines gave workers a raise — to the highest pay in the industry — and Wall Street is furious. The company's stock has been falling since Thursday.
- The new leader of Marine Le Pen's National Front party in France has stepped down amid accusations of Holocaust denial.
- We found an average of about one false statement per day from Trump and his aides throughout the president's first 100 days in office 💯