2. Gone With the Wind (1939)
Gone with the Wind won Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actress, Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Supporting Actress, Best Cinetomatography (Color), Best Film Editing, and Best Art Direction. Hattie McDaniel’s Best Supporting Actress win marked the first time an African-American received an Academy Award.
4. West Side Story (1961)
Based on Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet, West Side Story went on to win ten Oscars: Best Picture, Best Supporting Actor, Best Supporting Actress, Best Art Direction, Best Cinematography (Color), Best Costume Design, Best Director, Best Film Editing, Best Original Score and Best Sound. It has the distinction of being the musical that received the most Oscars.
14. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003)
The Return of the King won eleven academy awards, including Best Picture, Best Director, Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Original Score, Best Original Song, Best Visual Effects, Best Art Direction, Best Costume Design, Best Make-up, Best Sound Mixing, and Best Editing.
- Donald Trump was sworn in today as the 45th president of the United States of America. 🇺🇸
- Over 200 people have been arrested as anti-Trump protesters and police clashed in Washington, DC, during the inauguration.
- As one of his first acts as president, Donald Trump announced the end of certain Obama administration climate and pollution rules.
- Flights around the country are packed with pink as people stream into Washington, DC, for the Women's March, happening the day after Donald Trump's inauguration 👩❤️👩