1. Check out the Director’s Cut version of Kendrick’s video for “Bitch Don’t Kill My Vibe.”
The video depicts Kendrick at a funeral, dressed in all-white, and the subsequent limo ride to the burial, set in a wide-open golden field. The video cuts between Kendrick riding alone in a limo and riding in a limo filled with party-going friends popping bubbly. They proceed to the burial ground, where the group erupts into a feel-good dance party, before the words “Death to Molly” appear on the screen.
There seems to be a lot of conflicted feelings on the part of Kendrick here. Does he feel like a sinner, unable to come to terms with the seriousness of death? Is this a homegoing, and a celebration of life?
“Death to Molly” seems to be a nod to the eruption of MDMA in mainstream culture; maybe it’s a plea for it to be over? Danny Brown seems to think so. Is he officially burying the trend?
Comedian Mike Epps makes a hilarious appearance in the video to baptize Kendrick in liquor and ham it up with him in front of the casket. Juicy J’s there, too, and Schoolboy Q previews a new song at the end of the clip.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳
- The substance used to assassinate the half-brother of North Korea's leader has been identified as VX nerve agent, a chemical listed as a weapon of mass destruction.
- A Kansas man shot three people after allegedly yelling "get out of my country." He believed two of the victims were Middle Eastern, however they were not.
- Former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords told Congress to "face your constituents," after a congressman used her 2011 shooting as justification for not holding a town hall.