1. Check out the Director’s Cut version of Kendrick’s video for “Bitch Don’t Kill My Vibe.”
The video depicts Kendrick at a funeral, dressed in all-white, and the subsequent limo ride to the burial, set in a wide-open golden field. The video cuts between Kendrick riding alone in a limo and riding in a limo filled with party-going friends popping bubbly. They proceed to the burial ground, where the group erupts into a feel-good dance party, before the words “Death to Molly” appear on the screen.
There seems to be a lot of conflicted feelings on the part of Kendrick here. Does he feel like a sinner, unable to come to terms with the seriousness of death? Is this a homegoing, and a celebration of life?
“Death to Molly” seems to be a nod to the eruption of MDMA in mainstream culture; maybe it’s a plea for it to be over? Danny Brown seems to think so. Is he officially burying the trend?
Comedian Mike Epps makes a hilarious appearance in the video to baptize Kendrick in liquor and ham it up with him in front of the casket. Juicy J’s there, too, and Schoolboy Q previews a new song at the end of the clip.
- An adult film actress says Donald Trump, or someone on his behalf, offered her $10,000 and the use of his private jet to come to his suite.
- A right-leaning nonprofit is planning to place news articles critical of Clinton in black newspapers ahead of the election 📰
- AT&T has made a deal to buy Time Warner — owner of CNN, HBO, and Warner Bros. — in one of the biggest acquisitions ever 💰
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘