Machel Montano is a soca singer from Trinidad and Tobago. Electronic–dance hall king Diplo has come out with a remix of Montano’s excellent track “The Fog,” and given it the Major Lazer treatment, along with DJ Grandtheft. The result is a larger-than-life, booming song that’s perfect for summer parties kicking into high-gear with the heat.
Diplo’s going to have a busy summer, heading up the annual Mad Decent Block Party, which has expanded over the years from a Philly gathering into a national tour, spanning 13 cities this year, including Toronto. Also making their way to the block parties are DJ-duo Flosstradamus, Riff Raff, Dillon Francis, Zeds Dead, and Matt and Kim, among others.
You can probably expect to hear this banger there.
5. And here’s Montano’s original video:
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.