1. The Weeknd posted two new songs — “Kiss Land” and “John Carpenter” — in a video to YouTube last night.
The songs are from the singer’s upcoming album, Kiss Land, and the entire thing clocks in at 7 minutes and 41 seconds.
It’s what you’d expect from the mysterious Abel Tesfaye — moody, dark, filthy, troubling, sexy — but turned up four notches. “Kiss Land“‘s twinkling backdrop and drum beat is punctuated by the horror-movie screams of a woman, which just adds to the building tension, given the extremely dominant overtones that Tesfaye channels:
‘Cause the only thing you’re taking is your clothes off
Go ‘head girl, strip it down, close your mouth
I just wanna hear your body talk
The second (and more exciting) half, “John Carpenter,” shows him simultaneously boasting about his excess and self-policing his exploits.
Been gone for so long, I might’ve just found God
Well, probably not, if I keep my habits up
Probably not, if I can’t keep up with lovin’
And I can’t stand talkin’ to brand new girls
Only bitches down to fuck when you shower them with ones
Probably not, if my niggas round ‘em up
Probably not, if we take ‘em to my spot
Probably not, if I tweak all day, just to sleep at night
It’s pretty much impossible to avoid this getting stuck in your head.
- As one of his first acts as president, Donald Trump announced the end of certain Obama administration climate and pollution rules.
- Over 200 people were arrested as anti-Trump protesters and police clashed in Washington, DC, during the inauguration.
- Donald Trump was sworn in today as the 45th president of the United States of America. 🇺🇸
- Flights around the country are packed with pink as people stream into Washington, DC, for the Women's March, happening the day after Donald Trump's inauguration 👩❤️👩