1. This summer desperately needed a Robyn video, and now we finally have it.
The video for Robyn and Röyksopp’s “Do It Again” premiered today over at Dazed, where director Martin de Thurah shed some light on the making of the epic six-minute video. Filmed over three days in four Mexican states, the video focuses on a revolution taking place in a castle, and the need for love and lust amid a world of chaos and violence.
“I worked with the idea of ‘what is our heart’s desire?’ – and I realised that no one in the world truly gets to live out their passions,” Thurah told Dazed. “We are all under some construct, whether you’re an atheist living in Denmark or a gay person in Russia.”
2. We get a little bit of Robyn being her delightful, wonderful self.
3. Röyksopp’s Torbjørn Brundtland pumping up his fist in a rallying cheer…
4. … while others run for their lives.
- Notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán has been extradited to the United States to face multiple charges.
- Donald Trump's pick for treasury secretary, Steve Mnuchin, was grilled by Democrats over his time leading a mortgage company that carried out over 36,000 foreclosures.
- Senegal says it has sent troops into Gambia in an attempt to remove President Yahya Jammeh, who has refused to step down since losing reelection in December.
- A majority of American adults get news from Facebook, according to a new survey by BuzzFeed, but only 18% of respondents said they trusted news from Facebook. ✋ 📰