1. Only Oprah could make the usually calm and collected Pharrell cry on national TV.
The legendary interviewer spoke with P for an episode of her show Oprah Prime, which aired on OWN last Sunday night. It got a little emotional.
(You might want to grab a tissue, too.)
2. As the two were discussing his undeniably catchy song “Happy,” Oprah paused to play a video of people all over the world dancing and singing to the song.
There were people from Malawai to Slovakia to Iceland to Washington, D.C., smiling and dancing and united as one, for a moment, thanks to his song.
3. Pharrell was a little overwhelmed with joy.
Then came the waterworks.
4. Of course P’s first reaction was, “Why am I crying on Oprah?”
Which is what every single celebrity interviewed by Oprah must be thinking when she reduces them to tears. (Real question is why wouldn’t you be crying on Oprah?)
5. And Oprah was like, “Well, I’m Oprah. It’s what I do, duh.”
6. “It’s overwhelming, because it’s like I love what I do…”
7. “… and I just appreciate the fact that people have believed in me for so long that I could make it to this point to feel that,” Pharrell said.
It was a rare moment of a star being completely humbled, realizing his song, as Oprah says, is “being used for something greater than yourself.”
And to realize you have some role in spreading joy across the world must be a pretty overwhelming thing to think about, indeed.
8. Happy tears, all the feels. <3
11. Watch Pharrell’s music video for “Happy” below.
- Republicans have breathed new life into their once dead Obamacare replacement and it may be enough to get the bill through the House.
- People are calling the Trump administration's new "criminal alien" hotline to report how they've been victimized by space aliens 👽☎️
- Sebastian Gorka couldn't make it as a national security expert in Hungary, but that's not stopping him from advising President Trump.
- Chipotle is finally adding dessert to its menu and cinnamon, honey, and caramel butter dipping sauce will be involved 😋