Another source tells Billboard that there’s been “some conversations,” about it, but either way, that’s music to our ears! BuzzFeed reached out to festival organizer Goldenvoice for comment, and we’ll update as we hear more.
Goldenvoice has replied to BuzzFeed’s inquiry; per their email: “Our official comment is ‘No comment.’ As usual, we won’t comment on rumors or anything until official lineup release.”
Meanwhile, Revolt TV’s sources say the reunion will “exist solely in the live setting, with no new album plans in sight, for now.”
In more promising news, Outkast collaborator Sleepy Brown reportedly put up a text photo on Instagram that read “OutKast Headlining Coachella 2014,” with the caption “Yep!!!” The post has since been deleted, however.
4. The festival, which kicks off the weekend of April 11th, is known for featuring big reunions, with past festivals bringing back acts like Pavement, My Bloody Valentine, the Pixies, and Rage Against The Machine.
5. It would make sense for the two to reunite in 2014, since it marks the 20th anniversary of their first album, southernplayalisticadillacmuzik.
- The Democratic National Convention kicks off Monday and it's already off to a rocky start. Here's what you need to know 🇺🇸🔔
- Russia won't be banned from the Rio Olympics but its athletes need to pass new anti-doping tests to compete, the IOC ruled.
- Chris Froome has won the Tour de France. He's the first Brit to win the cycling race three times 🚴