2. Lil Wayne dropped the first single (featuring Drake!) off his highly anticipated forthcoming album Tha Carter V on midnight on Friday, because WHY NOT?
And it’s SO good. Produced by Boi-1da and Vinylz, “Believe Me” is a minimal, loopy track that features a dizzying Wayne spitting better than he’s sounded in ages. It’s also really nice to hear Drizzy and Weezy together on the same song again.
Note: The song was originally uploaded to the Young Money Soundcloud page at midnight on Friday, but was taken down around 1:50 a.m.
3. Here’s a clip of Drizzy and Wayne in the studio recording “Believe Me.”
Weezy’s been turning to sports stars to build hype for his album, with Kobe Bryant tweeting the Carter V album promo art earlier this week, and Floyd Mayweather posting the above clip on Instgaram.
4. And THEN, as if that weren”t enough, Nicki Minaj also graced us at midnight with a song called “Yasss Bish!” featuring Soulja Boy.
The release of Nicki’s new album The Pinkprint is imminent too, and she’s been teasing fans on Instagram and Vine about her new music for weeks. Safe to say it’s all been worth the wait so far. On this track, Nicki pummels through her verses with attitude and agility, while Soulja Boy delivers a quotable hook that we’ll be chanting all summer: “Yasss bish, yass.”
5. The song is produced by Soulja Boy, who sneakily previewed the song on Vine a few weeks ago.
- Four people were arrested after Trump supporters and protesters clashed during a "Make America Great Again" rally in California.
- The deadly Westminster attack that left four people dead Wednesday began and was over with in 82 seconds, police said Saturday.
- People in Belarus took to the streets and opposed a "social parasites" tax on people who have been unemployed for six months.
- Heads up, Harry Potter fans. You can now get Butterbeer ice cream at your grocery store 🍦✨