1. Young Money president Mack Maine tweeted out a thank you to Cedars-Sinai hospital yesterday evening, and announced that Weezy had been released from the hopsital.
2. Birdman, co-founder of Cash Money Records and close friend of Wayne, also tweeted his support last night.
5. He was first admitted to the hopsital last Tuesday after seizures reportedly brought on by a codeine overdose.
He was released just a day later, according to TMZ, but then readmitted after suffering yet another seizure. TMZ reported Friday night that the rapper was in a medical coma and being read his last rites at Cedars-Sinai Hospital in West Hollywood.
Lil Wayne’s camp took to clearing up the rumors on Twitter, assuring the public that Wayne was recovering.
6. On Sunday, Mack Maine dropped the music video for “Celebrate,” which features Lil Wayne and Talib Kweli.
“Pop a bottle and celebrate, we made it to a new day,” Lil Wayne sings on the track. The song and video were recorded when Weezy was in better health, but the message is particularly timely for the recovering rapper.
“I know the ocean runs dry and the sky gets dark
And ya don’t see what He’s trying to show ya
And I know the wall may seem tall
But if we help each other I guarantee we get over”
“Love, live life,” he closes out his verse.
- President Trump has been sued by top legal scholars over alleged conflicts of interest with his foreign business entanglements.
- "Welcome to the movement": Women's March on Washington organizers are working tirelessly to make sure first-time marchers stick around ✊
- Alt-right news platform Breitbart News is set to expand its presence in Italy, BuzzFeed News has learned 📰 🇮🇹
- The New England Patriots are heading to the Super Bowl yet again. They'll play the Atlanta Falcons on Feb. 5 🏈