2. The remix is part of an album of classic and popular Disney songs remixed by some of EDM’s top DJs and producers.
The album, called DConstructed, was released on April 22, and is a 14-track collection featuring remixes from some of EDM’s biggest names, including Avicii, Kaskade, and Trion, in addition to van Buuren. Songs from The Lion King, TRON: Legacy, Monsters University, The Muppets, and Sleeping Beauty are just a few of the films that get the dance music treatment.
4. Van Buuren transforms “Let It Go” into a dark, thumping, bass-heavy number, and he isolates Idina Menzel’s vocals for a haunting effect.
“I feel incredibly honored to have remixed an Oscar-winning song — though I didn’t know that yet when I started,” the Dutch producer and DJ said of the project.
5. Of course, any Armin video is going to need a spectacular, rave-ready light show.
It actually kind of makes sense that Disney would know how to create insane EDM-friendly visuals. I mean, they did make Fantasia and have some of the best light shows in the world.
6. And shooting stars that blast into snow-covered mountains and explode into a brilliant snowflake design.
7. Brrrrr. This one’s a banger, folks.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- Less than 24 hours after AT&T announced an $85 billion deal to buy Time Warner, politicians are expressing skepticism and opposition.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.