2. In 2011, the Shady 2.0 crew blew the rest out of the water, with Eminem’s verse reigning supreme.
This year’s awards show was taped in Atlanta last weekend, and won’t be airing until October 15th, but news is already making its rounds about who owned whom this year.
4. This year, it looks like Kendrick delivers the biggest blow, calling out Drake during his verse in the TDE cypher.
In a clip of the cypher posted by All Hip Hop to Instagram, Kendrick can be heard saying, “Yeah, and nothing’s been the same since they dropped ‘Control’ / And they tucked a sensitive rapper back in his pajama clothes.”
He doesn’t call Drake out by name, but the evidence is pretty strong.
6. “Yeah and nothing’s been the same since they dropped ‘Control’…”
Nothing Was The Same is the name of Drake’s third studio album. To many, Drake’s being left off of Kendrick’s name-check of peers on his epic verse on Big Sean’s “Control” was a diss, though Drake has insisted that “it’s all love.”
Above is a photo of Drake from last year, all dressed up for the club in his silk pajamas and slippers.
Drake is probably the first person to admit that he’s a sensitive guy in touch with his emotions, and facts are facts — dude wore pajamas out in public. We’ll have to watch the full cypher when October 15th to find out if there’s more to this diss, but hopefully Drake won’t be too bothered by it.
- John Glenn, a pioneering astronaut and the first American to orbit the Earth, has died at 95. Godspeed, Glenn 🚀🇺🇸
- Donald Trump will remain an executive producer on NBC's "The Celebrity Apprentice" while he's president.
- Trump has picked Andy Puzder, CEO of Hardee's and Carl's Jr. and an outspoken critic of raising the minimum wage, for labor secretary
- Mick Jagger is a new dad at age 73 and people have some things to say 👀