We're living in a new era, everyone. Earlier this week, news spread that Bow Wow is no more – he is now going by his real name, Shad Moss.
He announced the news on his own Instagram on Sunday, saying that he's matured into his next phase.
Yeah, we'd say he's grown up, all right.
And it's time we all acknowledge that Shad Moss, formerly known as Bow Wow, is an American TREASURE.
1. First of all, just look at the man. That tie. Those shoes. That smirk.
And it's kind of weird, because you've sort of watched him grow up.
2. He was basically the coolest 6-year-old of all time, after being discovered by Snoop Dogg at his concert in L.A.
It wasn't long until he was being mentored by Jermaine Dupri and chillin' with Hova.
3. If you need proof, here he is slaying on the mic at 6-years-old on the Arsenio Hall Show.
4. It wasn't long before he was the coolest 13-year-old around, schmoozing with Boys II Men...
5. ... and getting a lift from Master P at a celebrity basketball game in 2000.
6. But even back then, he had the moves.
7. And when it came to work, he was focused and intense from the start.
8. His first two albums are basically hip-hop classics.
9. I mean, "Bounce With Me" is a certified jam.
10. And even now you'll sometimes catch yourself swaying and singing "Bow wow wow yippee yo yippee yay" to yourself.
11. And don't even get me started on "Shortie Like Mine," aka one of the greatest songs of the 2000s.
Listen to it every day tbh.
And who knew BowWow.com was basically a beta Ok Cupid?!
12. We can't forget about his contributions to American cinema either.
I mean, Like Mike became an after-school STAPLE.