Mariah Carey’s new album, Me. I am Mariah… The Elusive Chanteuse, is FINALLY here and it’s better than we could’ve ever imagined.
It’s been a long road to Mariah’s 14th studio album. She became a mother to twins with her husband Nick Cannon. She signed to a new label. Nick suffered health issues. Last summer, she herself suffered a serious injury, breaking her wrist and ribs. And after delay after delay, it became unclear when and what exactly we’d be getting in terms of a new Mariah album.
But the wait was worth it.
On her new album, Mariah sounds stronger, more comfortable, and fresher than she has in over a decade. On tracks like album opener “Cry” (a gorgeous, piano-driven ballad) and the gospel choir-backed “Camouflage,” she lets her voice soar higher and with more power than she’s let us hear her past few albums.
“#Beautiful” featuring Miguel was last year’s perfect breezy summer anthem…
(Sorry “Blurred Lines.”)
… and she continues the joyful, carefree feels on “You Don’t Know What To Do” featuring Wale.
The whole album’s a feel-great listen, really.
3. … to sleek locks and smoky eyes in the “Breakdown” video.
10. And as a real diva, she has no reservations in sharing when she feels sexy and good about herself.
13. And also totally love and embrace her glam side.
14. Everyone should channel their inner Mariah the next time they take a photo.
15. Mariah keeps things real with her fans, giving them glimpses of some of her sweetest family moments…
16. And some private ones, too.
Like when she dressed up and live-Instagrammed waiting for Nick in a bathtub on Valentine’s Day.
17. It makes us so happy to see her so in love.
19. She only hangs with the best company. Like Stevie Wonder.
20. And Whitney.
May she rest in peace. <3
22. She loves giving her background dancers their shine.
In quite possibly the best music video of all time, “Dreamlover.”
24. And this is all before even talking about her FIVE OCTAVE VOCAL RANGE.
- British Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn says he will not resign despite facing a wave of shadow cabinet resignations.
- Uber documents provided to BuzzFeed News suggest that price cuts don't always raise driver wages 🚗💸
- President Barack Obama declared a major disaster in West Virginia after at least 23 people were killed in flash floods.