21 Music Experiences You Need To Have Before You Die
Because life is nothing without music.
1. Sing at the top of your lungs, with reckless abandon.
2. Catch some world-famous jazz on the streets of New Orleans.
3. Request music from a jukebox and experience the joy of your song coming on after a long wait.
4. Make a mixtape for someone you love.
5. Get lost in a record store.
6. See a symphony orchestra play Beethoven's Symphony No. 3, "Eroica."
7. Get on stage during a concert.
8. See a show in a gorgeous outdoor venue with a view.
9. Go to a music festival.
10. Have a song written for you. (Or write one for someone else!)
12. Sing along with a thousand other people at the same time.
13. Listen to your favorite album with high-quality headphones.
14. See a musical on Broadway.
15. Listen to a record on vinyl all the way through.
16. Watch a rap battle.
17. Shamelessly rock out to a song in your car with your friends...
18. Or by yourself, with the windows down and the wind blowing in your hair.
19. Get sweaty at a basement show.
20. And dance your face off at party where your favorite DJ is playing.
21. Learn to play a song on an instrument.
It's an insanely rewarding and awesome feeling to be able to sit down with an instrument and make music happen. And when you practice enough, sometimes there's a moment where the muscle memory all comes together and suddenly you look down and...it sounds so much like the song that you listen to all the time. And it's you who's making those notes come out of thin air! That's a feeling of wonder no one should miss.