1. Wolverine is only 5’ 3”. He’s as tall as Mila Kunis.
4. Wolverine’s origin story has changed several times. There are rumors that he was originally going to be an actual wolverine that mutated into a human.
It’s not clear how this rumor got started. Wolverine’s creator, Len Wein, denies that he ever stated this as the original origin, but the idea that Wolverine was an actual wolverine is so persistent that it even came up in the DVD extras for X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
And then, at some point, Sabretooth was originally supposed to be Wolverine’s father.
When Chris Claremont created Sabertooth (originally as a villain in the Iron Fist books) he intended Wolverine’s long-time rival to be his father. This potential origin was later scrapped, and eventually S.H.I.E.L.D. conducted genetics tests to confirm that Wolverine and Sabertooth were not related.
5. Wolverine has a son named Daken and a “daughter” who is actually a female clone of himself named X-23.
Daken is the child of Wolverine and his deceased wife Itsu, and serves as Dark Wolverine on the Dark Avengers. X-23 is a female, two-clawed version of Wolverine who started as a villain, but is currently working with the Avengers via the Avengers Academy.
11. The lore behind Wolverine’s secondary power, his signature claws, is all over the place.
When Wolverine was first created, his claws were just part of his gloves. Later on, they changed it so that the claws were surgically inserted by the Weapon X program. Then at some point, Magneto used his power to rip the adamantium out of Wolverine’s body, revealing that Wolverine had bone claws all along.
12. The name of the fictional metal grafted to Wolverine’s skeleton, “adamantium,” is derived from the Greek word “adamastos”, meaning “untameable”.
Adamant (and it’s variations, adamantine and adamantium) makes appearances in Greek Mythology, the works of Shakespeake, and even in The Lord of the Rings. In myth, the metal was ‘a legendary stone said to be impenetrable, often identified with the diamond or loadstone.’
- H.R. McMaster was due to retire from the Army. Now he holds what could become one of the most powerful positions in Washington.
- Milo Yiannopoulos has resigned from Breitbart News after he was accused of defending pedophilia in an old video.
- Chris Brown was ordered to stay away from his ex-girlfriend after he allegedly threatened to shoot and kill her, court documents show.
- A 2-year-old boy lost a race at school after he spotted his dad and ran to hug him instead of crossing the finish line 👦💨💞