2. Buzz Aldrin snaps a photo of Neil Armstrong as he tears up after walking on the moon in 1969.
4. Undeterred by recent bombings, London residents visit what’s left of a library during World War II.
5. In 1967, Boston marathon organizer Jock Semple chased after Kathrine Switzer after he realized a woman was running. Other runners stopped him and she finished the race.
7. A group of men and women gleefully demonstrate against Prohibition in 1932.
8. Apollo 16 astronaut Charles Duke immortalizes his family by leaving a photo of them on the moon in 1972.
9. Martin Luther King Jr. leads a group of marchers in Alabama to fight for black suffrage in 1965.
12. A US Marine stops to share food and water with three children on the Mariana Islands in 1944.
13. Seventeen-year-old Jackie Mitchell, one of the first female pitchers in professional baseball, poses after striking out both Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig in 1931.
14. German soldiers take a moment to decorate the trenches in celebration of Christmas during World War I.
16. John F. Kennedy Jr. plays under his father’s desk in 1963.
19. A sign outside Ellenton, SC in 1950 after the residents were relocated due to the city limits becoming inhospitable after a facility for creating nuclear bombs was constructed.
The sign reads:
“It is hard to understand why our town must be destroyed to make a bomb that will destroy someone else’s town that they love as much as we love ours. But we feel that they picked not just the best spot in the US, but in the world.”
- The man suspected of shooting and killing five people in a Washington mall is now in custody, officials said.
- Charlotte police have released video of Keith Lamont Scott's shooting and photos of a gun they say he had loaded.
- Kim Kardashian said she is voting for Hillary Clinton after being quoted saying she was "on the fence."