1. A group of miners doing the Harlem Shake in Australia:
The eight men in this video, as well as seven other bystanders who were looking on, were all fired from the Agnew Gold Mine in Australia because of safety violations and for breaching “core values of safety, integrity and excellence.”
2. An Applebee’s waitress who posted a bad tip online:
A waitress in St. Louis, MO was fired from the Applebee’s she worked at after she posted a receipt from a bad tipper on Reddit. The receipt was from a local pastor named Alois Bell who decided she didn’t need to tip the waitress the required 18% for large groups because she only tithes 10%.
3. A group of lifeguards in California who recorded their own version of Gangnam Style:
A group of lifeguards and their manager were fired from a city swimming pool in El Monte, California, after they recorded their own version of the song Gangnam Style. They were rehired shortly afterwards but all of them promptly resigned.
4. A Gamestop employee who was fired for planking:
A Long Island Gamestop employee was fired for “gross negligence” after tweeting two pictures of himself planking one the job. The employee, John Mazzocchi, had worked at the location for four years, but Gamestop felt his actions put him in danger while he was on company property.
5. A snowplow driver who recorded himself burying cars in Massachusetts:
A snowplow driver in Massachusetts who goes by “Dogg” was fired by the city of Lowell after he recorded himself pushing plowed snow over cars while mocking the drivers who had parked them. The snow needed to be cleared for emergency vehicles, but city officials still felt the video was in bad taste.
6. Chrysler’s social media manager who was fired for tweeting from the wrong account:
An employee at Chrysler’s social media agency, New Media Strategies, was fired after he accidentally sent a tweet from the official Chrysler twitter account that he intended to send from his own account. The fired employee claimed that a bug in the software he was using caused the accident, but he was still let go.
7. A corporate CFO who bullied a Chick-Fil-A employee:
Adam Smith, the former CFO of a company called Vante, was fired after he recorded an eight minute video of himself berating an employee in the drive-thru of a Tucson Chick-Fil-A restaurant for the company’s stance on gay marriage issues.
8. A shirtless Starbucks employee who wrote a song making fun of the coffee chain:
A 25-year-old barista named Christopher Cristwell was fired for recording a song he had written griping about his job and mocking customers. The video accumulated 300,000 views over two months before it was discovered by his superiors and he was fired.
9. A California Pizza Kitchen employee who got fired for tweeting about his uniform:
A popular Youtube vlogger named Timothy DeLaGhetto was fired from the California Pizza Kitchen he worked at after he tweeted at the official company twitter account to complain about a recent change to their official uniforms. The company tracked him down and promptly fired him.
- DNC Day 1: Bernie Sanders said Hillary Clinton "must become the next president," and Michelle Obama brought down the house 🏠🇺🇸
- Three Qaddafi henchmen who are wanted for embezzling millions from Libya have been found living comfortably in Britain.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a church attack that killed a priest in his 80s in northern France on Tuesday.