1. First things first, Fort Collins is home to some of the best microbreweries in the world.
A short list of microbreweries in Fort Collins:
-New Belgium Brewing
-Odell Brewing Company
-The Fort Collins Brewery
-Black Bottle Brewery
-Freedom's Edge Brewing Company
2. But also, home to one of the best major breweries in the world as well.
3. It’s pretty much the beer capital of the world. (Sorry Belgium.) We like beer so much, we throw a party called the Brewers’ Festival every year where downtown essentially shuts down so everyone can get drunk in the streets.
4. If ALL THAT isn’t enough, you can always show your appreciation for both beer and biking by “racing” in the Tour de Fat.
5. Speaking of bikes, there’s bike paths all over the god damned place in Fort Collins.
6. Actually, if the Great Outdoors is your thing, Fort Collins has tons of it. Hiking? Yeah, we’ve got that.
7. Rock climbing? Yeah, that too.
8. Mountain biking? Believe it.
9. Kayaking? Yep, try Horsetooth Reservoir.
10. Slightly more difficult kayaking? Why not give the Poudre River a go?
11. Fort Collins is so idyllic and picturesque, even Walt Disney looked to us as an example.
That’s right! The part of Disney parks called “Main Street, U.S.A." that's meant to look and feel like an ideal American town was inspired by and designed to look like downtown Fort Collins.