Just 21 Things From Amazon Your Bird Will Seriously Appreciate
From stimulating toys to all the bird owner's essentials, here's everything you need to keep your pet happy, healthy, and thriving.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed collects a share of sales and/or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A punching bag toy that's a great way to encourage your pet to get out some of their excess energy. It has a shiny mirror to attract their attention and the bag holds a bell that will set off a gratifying ring each time it's shaken.
2. A small bell bird toy for the bird who appreciates all the sensory appeals that the world has to offer. It gives your favorite little friend the opportunity to play and enjoy the sounds that come from their new favorite toy.
3. A hol-ee roller bird toy because giving your bird something to climb on is never a bad move. If there's one thing we know about birds, it's that they're curious creatures who want to crawl around as much as they want to squawk and sing.
4. A natural toy so your pet can get all that chewing out of their system before you let them onto your shoulder. Say goodbye to miscellaneous holes in your shirt and let them wreak havoc on this toy instead.
5. A tabletop toy that's a fun and stimulating way for your bird to pick up a new trick and maybe even turn it into a hobby. Birds are incredibly smart and giving them positive ways to channel this intelligence will definitely lend itself to less mischief later.
6. A rope toy for the bird who likes to be in the highest of spaces all the time. It's like a little bridge for your pet and chances are (if hung vertically) they'll be hanging off the top for most of the day.
7. A treat skewer because there's never a bad way to give your pet a treat. It's portable and truly a choose your own adventure kind of toy because you get to add your pet's personal favorites and let them enjoy it all day long.
8. A pet drinking fountain so your favorite little friend can give themselves a bath or have a little drink of water all on their own terms. Plus, it has moving water so it will be exciting for them, too.
9. A millet spray that is a tasty way to encourage your pet to engage in playtime. Just because birds aren't notorious for being the most cuddly of pets doesn't mean they don't appreciate a little TLC in the form of treats, which this snack is sure to provide.
10. A set of four bird perches for the bird who likes to change it up and gets as much excitement from new toys as you do. It's a great way to encourage your pet to get their play time in and since it comes with four perches, replacing them is incredibly easy.
11. A bird bath accessory because this little extension will give your bird the illusion that they're playing in a birdbath all of their own. It will encourage your bird to come out of their cage (literally) and explore new territories.
12. A lightweight bird carrier so your bird can experience the outside world. It has air holes and a clear, protective encasement so your favorite friend can enjoy the beautiful weather while staying safe and without risk of escaping.
13. A bird hammock bed that will keep your bird cozy all winter long. We aren't the only ones that get cold when the seasons change and it's important to make sure your bird's temperature stays consistent for their health, so this is a real lifesaver.
14. A styptic powder for protecting against cuts when trimming your bird's claws. If you've ever tried this at home, you already know why this product is the MVP.
15. A two-pack of feeding cups with clamps because there's no better way to keep your bird fed and happy than implementing a minimal clean-up food tray. Plus, if your bird is a messy eater, the rest of their food will just fall to the bottom of the tray so cleanup is super simple.
16. A mini Christmas tree so even your pets can get into the holiday spirit. It's never too early to put up the tree and this one will hardly take up any space at all.
17. A pet food storage container that is perfect for keeping your bird's food fresh and well stored. It's slim so it can fit in small spaces and comes with a measuring cup so you can be sure your pet is getting the right amount of food.
18. A 2-pound thing of essential bird feed for the bird owner who likes to be prepared with excess food, that way you won't have to be worried about running out at any given moment.
19. A birdcage cleaner because your bird will love the feeling of a clean cage. It's a great way to ensure that your bird stays healthy and doesn't end up eating any of their (excuse my language) own waste.
20. A three-pack of birdcage cleaning brushes so you can make your life a whole lot easier by having the proper tools to do a heavy-duty clean. It's perfect for all kinds of cages and makes cleaning as easy as possible.
21. A bird swing that will give your birds the necessary entertainment to keep them busy all day long. Plus, it helps prevent overgrown toenails so it's a great way to keep them in good health.
The reviews in this post have been edited for length and clarity.