1. In the late ’80s, the girl-group Kombinaciya was basically the USSR’s Bananarama.
Their look was saccharine girl-power with some serious ‘tude (check out the scowl on that one girl in the middle!). Much like with their Western counterparts, teased hair and windbreakers abounded.
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.