1. When oil-industry funded climate skeptics go on TV and say ‘we’re still not sure of the science’, climate scientists be like
According to Drexel University sociologist, Robert Brulle, “… approximately $500m has been donated to groups dedicated to casting doubt on the science of climate change.”
3. When Lord Monckton is on TV pretending to be a scientist, climate scientists be like
Lord Monckton is a British lord who travels the world spreading doubt on global warming. He also has strong views on HIV, once saying: “Every member of the population should be blood-tested every month … all those found to be infected with the virus, even if only as carriers, should be isolated compulsorily, immediately, and permanently.”
4. When someone who just happens to get regular paychecks from oil companies and has absolutely no qualifications offers their opinion, scientists be like
The Global Warming Petition Project is a petition stating there’s no evidence of climate change. It’s owners claim that over 31,000 scientists have signed it. Actually just 0.1% of signers have a background in climatology.
6. When some dude on a talk show says “well I’m just not convinced about manmade climate change” scientists be like
The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change is made up of 2000 of the world’s leading climate scientists. In their 5th report, released Friday, they said they were certain that humans were causing climate change.
7. When 2000+ scientists come together to announce once and for all that climate change is real, we caused it, and we can fix it, the world be like
Over 20% of the world’s electricity is coming from clean energy. A brighter future is possible. But first we have to end the false debate that’s been delaying bold political action. Share this feed to make that happen.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- At least 9 are dead and 25 missing after a warehouse party fire in Oakland, CA. Dozens of fatalities are feared.
- Donald Trump broke with decades of US policy by speaking with the president of Taiwan Friday, a move that could anger China.
- BuzzFeed News analyzed all the links in Donald Trump's tweets to determine where the president-elect gets his news 📰❗️
- Cuba prepares to bury Fidel Castro: his ashes arrived in Santiago today, the city where he declared his socialist revolution victorious.