1. It’s easy to fall in love with Australia. The beaches are long, the slang is short, and the animals are utterly adorable.
2. You wouldn’t be the first to want for more than a weeklong Aussie holiday. Which is why – good news – the Working Holiday Maker program lets young travellers stay for a whole year.
3. You can apply for the 12-month visa if you’re between 18 and 30 years old and from a participating country.
5. Visas generally only take around six days to be processed, and you can organise it all before you arrive in Australia.
6. Once your visa is granted, you’ll have a whole year to get yourself to Australia.
7. While your visa is valid, you can travel in and out of Australia as many times as you want.
8. It’s totally cool if you want to undertake some temporary work to help fund your travels.
9. Or you could even study for up to four months.
10. If you want to stay longer (which, let’s face it, you probably will), working for a few months in regional Australia could allow you to extend your stay.
Facts from Australia.com
Design by Kara Mohr / BuzzFeed