26 Fitness Products To Add To Your Exercise Routine
Whether you exercise in a gym or the great out doors, there's something here that's just for you.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A pack of booty bands to whip those legs and glutes into shape. The pack comes with three different bands with varying levels of resistance.
2. High-waisted leggings that come in so many colors you should honestly just factor one pair a month into your budget until you collect 'em all like some sort of a bootylicious Pokémon trainer. Considering the 37,000+ 5-star reviews these leggings have earned thus far, you certainly won't be alone in your obsession.
Promising review: "I have continued to purchase these leggings over the past two years. They are my go-to leggings for everyday wear and even throughout my pregnancies. They are soft as butter and I've never had problems with holes and I still have an old pair that I wear regularly. As long as these are available on Amazon, I will always come back to buy them. I'll never wear any other leggings. And I love all the color options." —Amazon Customer
Get them from Amazon for $10.99+ (available in one size and plus size; capri or regular lengths; and a variety of colors).
3. Or a pair of high-waisted yoga pants that actually have pockets (*gasp*) so you can finally store your phone comfortably while working out. They come in so many colors you'll want to buy a pair for every gym day of the week!
Promising review: "I bought these for the pockets and the high waist. The material is surprisingly squat-proof. Even with white undies, not a single bit was seen when I did a squat... and trust me I was looking for these to fail. The material has a matte finish and is really soft (like cotton). I hate constantly pulling up yoga pants so I was looking for high-waisted that stayed high and these are it. They're a bit snug, but I never have to pull them up. I am a womens 14 and the XL fit great." —megan
Get it from Amazon for $21.95 (available in sizes XS–3X and 18 colors)
4. A sweat-proof running belt that comes with a pouch to hold your phone, as well as a key and coins pouch and a sealed hole for your headphones (which will come in handy for those of you still in committed relationships with wires). It's basically a utility belt for athletes. You'll feel like Batman minus the repressed anger and billionaire privilege.
Promising review: "I used it to go running. I have a iPhone XR and it fits perfectly in it. The belt doesn’t get loose or bounce when you run or you work out. The best of all that is flat and lightweight. I recommend this product if you are looking for a pack that holds you keys and your phone."—Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $14.97 (available in six colors)
5. A fitted sports and yoga tank with a padded bra that's as versatile as it is comfortable. You'll look just as good rocking this in the gym as you would wearing it to brunch with some high-waisted pants — but hopefully not on the same day.
Promising review: "I now live in these tops. They are so versatile and an amazing quality. The yellow top is more of a 'baby poop green' but it’s actually still cute somehow. These are great to go from a bra to a workout top to a cute crop with an open jacket and not change all day!" —Marena VanOrden
Get it from Amazon for $18.99+ (available in sizes S—XXL and 19 colors)
6. A massage ball if there's no way you're spending $100+ on a massage gun, and there's even less of a chance of you splurging on an *actual* massage therapy session to ease a small case of gym soreness. This handy little thing will help you work out those knots without putting a dent in your wallet.
Promising review: "Amazing. Seriously, buy this. It is the best back massage I’ve ever had. I have trouble with my wrists and hands and can’t massage my husband’s back for very long. This is small and easily fits in my hand. I can give him a great massage without pain. He massaged my back with it as well and it’s phenomenal! I would definitely buy this again and I’ve recommended it to my family." —Mifflinpartyofthree
Get it from Amazon for $8.99 (available in purple, pink, green, and blue).
7. A pair of lace anti-chafing bands to keep your sensitive thighs nice and comfy as you're sweating your butt off during cardio. Neither "I" in HIIT stands for irritation, so the two shouldn't come as a package deal.
Promising review: "I have a pair of the lace ones that I've loved wearing underneath my dresses and skirts. I just purchased the non-lace ones to wear when I run, because the seams of my shorts rub in this humid weather! These worked freaking fabulous for my run, and stayed in perfect place (I ordered size C!) They were so much cooler than compression shorts or spandex, and kept the sticky thighs away from each other!" —Amazon Customer
Get them from Amazon for $18.94+ (available in six sizes and 17 colors).
8. An ab roller you can use to strengthen your core from the comfort of your own bedroom floor.
Promising review: "I workout five times a week, and every time I am just too tired to do abs. I have not worked on my abs for very long time. I finally found this ab roller that solved my problem. Every night before bed I hit 25 reps for 5 sets. Total time is about 25 minutes, actual work time six minutes. Highly recommended for those trying to work on core."—Eggrollking
Get it from Amazon for $39.99
9. An award-winning foam roller you can use to warm up, cool down, and even help your muscles recover on rest days. Unlike most cylindrical rollers, this one comes with deep contours to target muscles while avoiding bones and tendons.
Promising review: "I like that this is a firm sturdy roller. I am able to finally get all the sore spots. I use this for my mobility training days as well as after any kind of lift or cardio work. I will be buying another one. I think it would be great for my home fitness collection to include the full line of Rollga products."—Amber F.
Get it from Amazon for $44.97
10. A jar of O'Keeffe's Working Hands Lotion for anyone whose newfound commitment to the gym has also come with an unexpected commitment to calluses and cracked skin.
They also make a version for your feet!
Promising review: "I am amazed! I have dealt with eczema all my life. I've used steroid creams/ointments, lotions, wash, you name it. And then I tried this miracle product! In four days, my hands looks better then it ever has! I can bend my finger without pain! I'm sooo happy with the results. And I have only been using it for four days!" —Kelly
11. And a pair of ventilated workout gloves to give you even more palm protection. Again, no one enjoys coarse hands — especially not the people in your life who have to feel them. My girlfriend can attest to that one.
Promising review: "These gloves are great. I loved using them for weightlifting, but also I use them when I'm having to cut my lawn because I always get blisters. They worked perfect. There is nothing about the gloves that I don't like. These gloves are super easy to use and put on." —Amazon Customer
Get them from Amazon for $13.47+ (available in five sizes).
12. An under-desk pedal machine so you can get a decent workout in while you're *actually* working. This thing is perfect for people who don't have much spare time to devote to exercising — now you can get after your fitness goals while also chasing that money.
To me, the best part about this product is people of any age or fitness level can use it to break a sweat. My parents, who are both in their sixties, my 36-year-old brother and my 26-year-old sister all use one just like it, and they absolutely love it! And this peddler happens to be much more affordable than the one they have.
Promising review: "I've started working from home a lot and need something to get a little blood-flow to my legs. I put it under my desk and use it while working. The digital display works fine and starts automatically when I start pedaling. There is a minimal amount of resistance but I don't need a lot. For the price, it does exactly what I need."—poppanam
Get it from Amazon for $37.89.
13. A bug bite thing (no, really, that's what it's called) if your "gym" is the great outdoors. This will suck out all the nasty venom and saliva left behind after you inevitably get eaten alive by mosquitos on your summer hikes — that means less swelling and itching!
There aren't any creams or chemicals included. All you need to do is place the device over your bug bite and pull the lever to suck out the saliva. It also works to remove splinters.
Promising review: "This is the absolute best thing I've ever used on mosquito bites in my life. I have a rather large veggie garden and spend lots of time in it, harvesting veggies and getting eaten by mosquitoes. Yesterday, I had 24 bites on my leg. Today I have just a couple of tiny red dots left where they were. The picture (above) shows what the bite looks like right after using the device. It's outstanding! That being said, on my back, where my daughter helped me get to the mosquito bites, my skin is more sensitive. The device gave me a hickey. You don't have to depress the lever as far as it goes. I depress it until it just starts to sting a little, then stop. Don't overdo it! It's not necessary!"—Andrea
Get it from Amazon for $9.95.
14. And a foot balm to help avid hikers and runners soothe their chapped feet and prevent blisters.
Promising review: "All, I am proud to post that I had just completed the 2018 Boston Marathon in torrential rain and hurricane winds. It’s like when you walk from your car to your house door and you are soaked from head to toe. One of the absolute worst conditions for a marathon. A friend recommended body and foot glide...I coated my entire foot, between the toes and all. NO BLISTERS after 26.2 miles in the pouring rain. Sneakers soaked at the start. I cannot rave more about this product. Incredible value to save you a lot of pain. Highly recommended for bad weather, breaking in new shoes, etc."—Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $8.
15. A pair of super popular non-slip running shoes that are so stylish they might convince you to actually commit to running more than twice a year (*gasp*) just so you have an excuse to wear them more.
Promising review: "The color is TO DIE FOR. It's exactly how it looks in the picture which is a mix between neon orange and neon pink. I'd describe it as a neon peachy type of color. The photo's are not misleading whatsoever. As for sizing, I'm usually an 8.5 but went with a 9 based on other reviews (they say to go up .5 size). And they fit perfectly! I will be ordering more colors."—Nani
Get it from Amazon $31.27+ (available in sizes 5.5-10.5 in 17 colors)
16. A best-selling weightlifting belt to protect your lower back as you pump iron. Trust me, this thing is a life-saver for people who are prone to back injuries in the gym.
I own this belt myself. Before buying it, I'd tweak my lower back in the gym seemingly once every other month. After having to take one too many days off to recover, I finally made the purchase a few months ago and I haven't had a back injury since!
Weightlifting belts are most commonly used for squats and deadlifts (as having heavy weight loaded on your upper back or pulling you forward as you bend over puts a considerable strain on your lower back), but I also use it for upright movements (shoulder presses, standing bicep curls, etc.) to make sure I don't over extend my lower back when progressing to heavier sets. It feels incredible to perform these lifts safely without worrying about hurting myself. I can't recommend this enough for people who are serious about strength training. You definitely won't want to lift heavy without it.
Be sure to measure your true waist size (the area above your hip bone and below your lowest rib) before buying this. Don't go by your pants size.
Get it from Amazon $39.99 (available in XS-XL)
17. A size-inclusive bike jumpsuit able to provide ample support for anybody. Running from XXS–6XL, this suit truly embraces the phrase ANY. BODY.
Promising review: "Granted I'm the type of person who would salivate over owning a bike jumpsuit, but after having it for almost a year, I feel confident that this is a piece that could be beloved for almost anyone. It's made of Girlfriend Collective's signature compressive fabric, which hugs your body but doesn't feel suffocating or restrictive. But the most shocking feature is that it has a built-in bra that...actually works?! I'm a 34DD and this jumpsuit absolutely passes the "bounce test," and keeps my boobs in place really well when jumping and running. (It's not quite as supportive as my favorite Girlfriend Collective sports bra, the Dylan, but that thing goes above-and-beyond in terms of keeping you in place.) If you're tired of leggings and are looking for something new and fun to add to your collection of activewear that you can *actually* use, I highly recommend this!"—Rachel Dunkel
Get it from Girlfriend Collective for $78.
18. A pair of super absorbent Thinx boyshorts that'll even make working out during the most miserable time of the month slightly less miserable.
Promising review: "I can't tell you how much I would've loved having these as a kid. Carrying around bulky pads and wondering whether your tampon has been in too long, just ain't it. I wear my boyshorts with a cup, just for extra insurance on my heavier days. It's a winning combination. Just wash them in cold water (no softener) and lay them flat to dry." —Christine Forbes
Get it from Thinx for (available in sizes XXS-4XL) $39.
19. A mounted pull-up bar that'll make back day your favorite day of the week. This adjustable piece of at-home equipment can even be used as a dip station, so you can also work those push muscles (chest, shoulders and triceps) as well as your core.
Promising review: "This is a well build piece of equipment. I feel completely confident that it won’t fail and that is important in any piece of home gym equipment. I purchased a 8ft 2x8 and 16 3 inch lag screws to mount it. Cut the board into 4 equal 38 inch boards (there will be some left over) and mount to your studs. I mounted the 4 included hooks using 2 1/2 inch lag screws. Please note that the included hardware for mounting is for concrete/brick applications only. So you will need to supply your own hardware to mount it. This product is well worth the price even with having to purchase mounting hardware separately."—William
Get it from Amazon for $119.98
20. Exercise cards that'll help organize your workout routine. This actually seems more efficient than doing what I do — which is check the notes app on my phone to see what exercise is next before getting distracted and scrolling Twitter.
You get 50 cards that include 10 stretches, seven workouts, and a goals and guide card.
Promising review: "Like many of us, I know I should warm up and stretch before and exercise and cool down and stretch after exercise. Also like many of us, I don't tend to have a good exercise routine or even the best knowledge of what or how to do it, or even the creativity to be able to mix things up. These cards have helped with that. Each card features a picture of an exercise, a description of how to properly perform it, recommended number of reps, and a rating for level of difficulty." —Lance
Get it from Amazon for $17.99 (also available in Spanish).
21. A surprisingly fashionable cycling jacket. I don't even own a bike and I might buy this just to rock it on my sad walk to the train station. Being a pedestrian just means more people will see me looking fly!
Promising review: "Love the fit and pockets...2 large inner vest pockets (without a zipper) and the others have zippers. There is a big back pocket, a side chest pocket, 2 hand pockets. There is elastic at the bottom hem and around the hood. There’s reflective tape on front and back. I live in FL and it gets HOT. But there is a vent in the back too. And the back has a strip of silicone so the back doesn’t ride-up. This the best outdoor jacket/rain jacket I have. I wear it on trips to the store, bike rides, walks, runs."—Mom
Get it from Amazon for $44.99 (available in S-3X and seven colors)
23. A hilarious dad bod tee that's sure to be hit whenever your partner or your pops adds it to their gym shirt rotation.
24. A smart ball from DribbleUp that syncs to unlimited interactive training sessions with real trainers. This versatile gadget can help aspiring athletes improve particular soccer or basketball skills, and it also comes as a medicine ball (for the same price!) for people more focused on balance and conditioning.
Plus, the ball can sync to your smart device so you can practice indoors or outside!
Get it from DribbleUp for $99.
25. An Ubarre weight — which is a weight that also functions as minimalistic home decor. A few at-home sessions with this thing and you'll suddenly realize how ugly every piece of equipment in the gym is.
Equipt is a woman-founded small business known for their pretty and functional exercise equipment. You'll find weighted bars, wrist weights, and more gear that'll help tone your body and look great in your workout space.
Promising review: "Ubarre is wild! It targets every area of your body. I have been using it daily and have had the best workout in seven years. I cannot believe how quickly it tones your body." —Ubarre Customer
Get it from Equipt for $129+ (available in two weights).