We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A genius cat toy to keep your kitty entertained for so long they'll forget you're even there. It's not like they have bills or responsibilities that'd interrupt their fun. Must be nice.
Promising review: "My cats are OBSESSED with this toy and I find it hilarious since of course it's the cheapest thing we've bought them. When it's time to put it away I literally have to hide it so they don't see where it goes. I swear they would play with it until they passed out if I didn't stop them." —AliaDanielle
Get it from Amazon for $2.95.
2. A grooming glove – it can be used wet or dry to remove excess hair from your furriest friend *and* give them endless belly rubs at the same time.
Promising review: "Fantastic dog grooming aid! Our older rescue dog isn't too keen on the routine dog brushing stuff but her thick coat really needs the grooming — this dog grooming glove is the exact right answer. Put the glove on, pet the dog, and all that loose hair comes away, leaving her coat feeling so much smoother and softer without causing her to be nervous or upset over a brushing. Highly recommend, and yes I'm going to be ordering as gifts for a couple of other dog owners I know!" —DSP
Get each glove from Amazon for $6.79 (available in both left-handed and right-handed versions).
3. A bacon-flavored wishbone chew toy so your dog can teethe on something other than your shoes for a change (which I've experienced firsthand while they were still on my feet). The best part about this toy is its curved shape makes it easy for small paws to get ahold of it. Your heart will melt the first time you see your dog going to town on this thing.
Promising review: "As a former vet tech, rescuer, and pup momma, I've come across some chewers that take the cake. Of course, one of my own is the worse of the worst. My monster lab/poodle mix can DESTROY just about anything I buy for him. He snaps the ultra Kongs in half without blinking and will crack even the largest Nylabones within a few minutes. Even toys marketed as indestructible with money back warranties fall to their death in his jaws. That said...HE LOVES THIS BONE and hasn't managed to do much damage to it, which makes it one of the best chew toys I've ever encountered." —CKayy
Get it from Amazon for $10.99+ (available in four sizes and three flavors).
4. A Wobble Wag Giggle ball that's as fun for dogs to play with as it is for humans to say. It comes an internal noisemaker and six pockets that'll keep your dog rolling and running like they're training for a triathlon.
Promising review: "Wow!! This hasn't been out of the box 10 minutes and my little Shih-Poo Girl is exhausted!! She loves squeaky toys, but she usually has the squeaker out in 5–10 minutes, and she gets upset because they don't make noise anymore. I was looking on Amazon for some dog toys and I was watching the video about this ball and she heard the noise and started barking and looking all over for it, That's when I knew I had to try it with her. Now she can get some exercise that I can not personally help her with (I'm disabled)." —hill1000
Get it from Amazon for $11.99.
5. A arched self groomer brush that'll become your cat's newest source of affection while you softly sob yourself to sleep every night knowing they may never need you to scratch them again. Just set it down in the living room and promptly begin your healing process.
Promising review: "My cat likes this a lot! He is timid and was afraid of it at first, but I put some of the catnip on it and a few of his favorite treats to entice him and show it was a good thing. I also rubbed my hands along the bristles and scratched the carpet on the base with my fingers a few times to catch his attention and show him what to do. Now he can be found relaxing on the base, rubbing his face and chin on the bristles, and going under the arch to brush his back and tail at any given time throughout the day. He has had some minor flaking from dry skin, but being able to groom himself using this product even when I'm not home has helped." —Jamie K
Get it from Amazon for $18.99.
6. A large toy duck – depending on your dog's personality, it'll either be tossed around and beaten like the rag doll that it literally is, or snuggled up with like your pup has been gifted a pet of their own.
7. A portable shower attachment for anyone whose dog looks forward to bath time. Now you can hose them down right there in the park or wherever you typically take them for outdoor adventures. It attaches to standard plastic water bottle openings, is machine-washable, and comes with a lifetime warranty.
8. An adorable fruit tart pet bed you'll honestly both love — it'll be the one time you won't mind seeing a ball of fur in your dessert.
Check out my colleague's review of the fruit tart bed for more deets and some seriously cute photos of her cats enjoying it.
Promising review: "My kitten loves this bed. Along with looking cute, it is incredibly soft. The fruit give extra support for her to lie on, and she loves to play with the fruit. The lemon and kiwi are her favorite to play with. It doubles as a bed and some toys. She took to this bed immediately, and she often won't leave it. It's also pretty flexible, so I can put it in her carrier for vet visits so she'll feel comfortable. Everyone I show this bed to thinks it's the cutest thing ever, and I'm so glad to have found this." —Casandra B
Get it from Amazon for $32.99.
9. A treat-dispensing pet camera to make spoiling your four-legged friend so much easier. Think of it as a baby monitor with an HD camera and corresponding app that pops treats out with the press of a button.
Promising review: "I was always concerned leaving my puppy home alone because he will cry a lot. When I got Furbo, things got much better! Furbo sent me notifications to my phone when he was crying, so I would log on and talk to him right away. This changed everything!! My puppy knows I'm always there, so his separation anxiety is getting better. He cries less, and I feel much more relieved." —Susan
10. Or a geometric treat-dispensing toy for a more affordable (and possibly more fun) way to feed your pet without actually having to feed your pet. The toy's shape allows it to roll and bounce in unpredictable ways, so it'll always keep your dog on his or her toes...or should I say paws?
11. Or a kibble-dispensing ball that reviewers say could aid digestion in fast-eating dogs by forcing them to slow down as they eat their food.
Promising review: "My dog is a fast eater. This toy keeps her busy for hours trying to get treats out of the ball. I put larger pieces of treats inside to slow down kibble from coming out of the ball. It's larger than others so it doesn't get stuck under furniture." —Lauren Howroyd
Get it from Amazon for $9.99.
12. A cat shelf so your royal fur-ness can sit high enough to surveil their kingdom and plot their next attack on your Rumba (cats naturally like higher positions so they can be aware of their surroundings, so this shelf will instantly make any home more cat-friendly)
Jackson Cunningham founded his small business, Tuft + Paw, in 2016 after adopting a cat from a local rescue. He started Tuft + Paw to create quality cat-first furniture, which he felt was missing from the market. Tuft + Paw also offers a 50% discount if you purchase and donate any of their products to a shelter.
Promising review: "Our cats are loving this and it looks great in our home!" —alina J.
Get it from Tuft + Paw for $199 (available in two colors).
13. A colorful bird toy because cats and dogs aren't the only pets that require a little stimulation every now and then. Perfect for Caiques, Conures, Quakers, and Ringnecks, this toy will provide your bird(s) loads of entertainment and stress relief (yes, birds get stressed out too — you try having to poop on old newspapers).
Promising review: "This a cute toy and just the right size for my Sun Conure, Booboo. Booboo usually takes days to get used to a toy but with this one she went right to it and started playing with it. Booboo loves to play with the tiny pacifiers, she grabs them with her beak and bobs her head up and down." —Jeimy
Get it from Chewy for $8.85
14. A top entry litter box with a grooved lid that'll clean your furball's paws as they climb out of it. Humans aren't the only ones who deserve a comfortable place to poop.
Promising review: "My cat used it within the first 20 minutes I had it ready to go! No issues at all so far! Sleek and beautiful litter box! Very classy and makes cleaning litter a breeze! At first it was bigger then expected but once I put it where my old litter box was I realized it fit a lot nicer then my old litter box did which was HUGE and had a hood!" –Julianna Miller
Get it from Amazon for $31.99 (available in three colors).
15. An activity mat to add a little fun to their daily treats. It'll give them the opportunity to work their nose as they search for their snacks, and it'll also keep them occupied whenever you're in need of some peace and quiet.
Promising review: "My puppy LOVES this mat! He gets super excited whenever he sees it. He sometimes doesn't like to eat his kibbles in his bowl, but he has so much fun finding and eating kibbles when I hide them into this mat. I heard nose work is also good for reducing separation anxiety in dogs, so I give him this mat whenever I need to leave more than two hours. He deals with separation way better with this. I'm 100% satisfied!" —Bom
Get it from Amazon for $32.96.
16. A video game-inspired scratcher even the pickiest of kittens will fall in love with. The "buttons" on the console come with little bell balls inside. Your cat will play with this thing for so long you'll want to create a Twitch account for them.
Promising review: "My sweet (and picky) tuxedo cat could not care less about toys...except for this one. He loves the screen scratcher and sticking his paws into the 'buttons' to swat around the bell balls. He loves this thing so much, in fact, that he often naps on it. Will be buying a few more to keep in the closet for when he wears this one out, though, it's quite sturdy." —Erin
Get it from Chewy for $15.73
17. A dog treat mix that'll encourage healthy skin and nails, help reduce shedding and scratching, and aid digestion and overall health. All you have to do to prepare this protein-rich homemade treat is add oil and water and pop it in the oven.
Whisk & Wag is a family-owned small business crafting nutritious dry dog treat mixes.
It also comes with a heart-shaped cookie cutter.
Promising review: "I’m a cookie baker so when I found this product, I was all over it! I was nervous that our doggo wouldn’t like them but they’re his new favorite! You definitely smell the peanut butter and can see the dried berries throughout the mixture. The dough was a bit crumbly for the cut-out hearts but it worked out fine! I probably could’ve added more water than what it called for to make the dough the consistency I’m used to. I also bought some icing specific for dogs and drizzled it over the treats once they were cool. This brand is our new go-to!" —Haley
Get it from Amazon for $9.99.
18. An underwater gallery with lots of caves — ya know, for your fishies to hide in whenever they get tired of your guests gawking at them.
Promising review: "I am so pleased with these caves! They are far superior to what you will find at the local pet store. I waited a long time before buying them because of the price, but they are a better value than what I've bought previously and look and feel far more natural." —CartwheelKat
Get it from Chewy for $59.99
19. A fabric teaser your cat will enjoy so much you might as well get it surgically attached to your hand — because they'll never love you more than they do that elusive string.
Promising review: "My cats are string chewers so they love this toy. I am surprised they have not chewed through it yet! It is also a cheap toy, which is awesome. Any type of stick toy is great for getting your cat's energy out and bonding with them. Make sure that it is not left out unsupervised because the string is long and they could accidentally wrap it around their leg or neck and hurt themselves!" —Twizzler
Get it from Chewy for $2.98 (available in two colors)
21. A Chuckit! ball launcher for anyone with a particularly energetic pup. The extra distance this adds to your throw will tire them out quickly, which means way less barking and frantic activity around the house.
Promising review: "My dog never understood the concept of Fetch. It didn't matter what I tried. This FINALLY has her fetching and using up all (OK, most) of the energy that a cattle dog has. We can play over and over and over without my measly arm wearing out, and she's able to sprint to her heart's content. I'm already planning to gift one to my brother's dog who also is fetch-dumb." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $7.02.
22. Last but not least, Pet Plate, which is a human-grade personalized meal plan for you pup. This is for anyone whose most important "roommate" is their four-legged ball of fur. All you have to do is answer a few questions about your dog, and Pet Plate tells you what foods would be best for them and you get to pick the flavors you think they'll enjoy most.
PetPlate is a Black-owned business started by Renaldo Webb. You may recognize the company from Shark Tank!
Promising review: "We LOVE PetPlate! Jade has been a picky eater since we got her at eight weeks. We tried a couple different foods but when we landed on PetPlate we knew it was a WIN! It was the FIRST TIME she was RUNNING to eat and licking her bowl clean at the end, wanting more. Also, our vet let us know that the 💩 doesn’t lie and it solidified after she started eat PetPlate (no lie, it was like within hours so much better haha)! It was and is such a relief knowing Jade is getting all of the nutrients she needs to grow. We stay in touch with customer service to switch around plans for her weight and they’re always so lovely and helpful. AND it's a Black-owned biz!!!! PetPlate wins allll around!" —Jessie B.
Start your subscription for $2.50/day (prices vary depending on your plan).