We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A L'Oreal *eight-second* lamellar water rinse-out treatment to give your hair out-of-this-world shine and softness, and starts working after just one use. Reviewers say it's become a staple in their routines.
And it's silicone-free!
Promising review: "I don’t usually do reviews on products, but for this one I absolutely have to. I have 3c type hair and struggle with a lot a breakage, unmanageability, and moisture. When my mom mentioned this product to me I didn’t take her seriously because of the simple fact that we have two completely different hair textures. I never would of thought this brand would work on my hair. I have always used ethnic hair products and stayed away from brands such as this one because of the alcohol consumption. I have never in my 22 years felt my hair like this. I feel like I have a completely different head of hair. This product is so amazing and I will FOREVER be using this product in my hair regimen. Thank you so much!! ♥️" —Theressa Hailey
Get it from Amazon for $8.97.
2. A leave-in conditioning spray with coconut and argan oil that'll transform that matted, tangled bird's nest on the top of your head into something straight out of a Disney princess movie.
Promising review: "I got this in my Ipsy glam bag a few years ago and was mad when I ran out. I randomly saw this the other day and remembered how much I had loved it previously. This product is amazing!! My hair feels like pure silk! It’s sooo soft and smooth after using this. I’ve used so many other products, expensive ones, and nothing works as well as this! I highly recommend this!" —Melissa C
Briogeo is a Black-owned, woman-owned business specializing in hair care.
Get it from Amazon for $20.
3. An anti-dandruff shampoo to save you from having to shell out a co-pay at a dermatologist's office. Whether you have a relatively mild case of dandruff or your scalp and shoulders resemble the Swiss Alps during ski season, this thing will become a staple of your shower routine.
Promising review: "MIRACLE PRODUCT! If you have a flaky scalp from dandruff, BUY THIS. I was about to go to the dermatologist if this stuff didn’t work. Thank goodness I saved myself hundreds of dollars by giving this product a shot. I used it four or five times (over a month) and it cleared my scalp almost completely. One more use and my scalp will be 120% healed! This stuff blew my mind. Totally worth it." —Chris
Get it from Amazon for $14.84+ (available in two sizes).
4. Or a bottle of sulfate-free Biotin shampoo infused with tea tree, jojoba, and argan oils to help treat hair loss. This is a potential option for folks whose hair is thinning a bit sooner than expected, or people simply looking to go a few extra rounds with Father Time.
Promising review: "I love this shampoo! I had gastric sleeve surgery and my hair was very, very thin. I started taking biotin and switched to biotin shampoo as recommended by my doctor. It doesn’t make your hair grow by washing it but it makes your hair and roots stronger. And it worked. After using the whole bottle, my hair was stronger. I had a lot of new growth that was sticking around (the previous new growth fell out early on) and my hair was getting thicker. Eight months later, my hair is back to normal. It's longer and thicker than ever. I still use it twice a week and love it! I’m not crazy about the way it smells but others love it when they smell my hair." —Diane J. Huff
Get it from Amazon for $9.95.
5. A hair-finishing stick to tame those rambunctious flyaways at the nape of your neck when you put your hair up. There's no reason a messy bun has to be *so* messy.
Promising review: "I don’t usually write reviews but this product blew my expectations away! I’ve always suffered from messy ponytails (thank you baby hairs) but not anymore. I’m able to wear my hair in a pony to work without it looking messy and unprofessional." —Shannon Hurley
Get it from Amazon for $7.98.
6. A tube of Elizavecca's CER-100 Collagen Coating Protein treatment for anyone with hair that's become damaged due to excessive straightening and dyeing.
Promising review: "My hair used to be really soft, and then I discovered hot tools and hair dye. While my hair looks good, I really missed the soft texture. This works so well. There are no instructions on the box but I washed my hair with my usual shampoo, towel-dried it, worked about two quarter-sized dollops through my hair, let it sit for 20 minutes and then rinsed out. I went to bed with wet hair which usually results in my hair being kind of tangled and rough looking but I woke up and my hair was as soft and silky as it was before I started coloring it. I'm totally in love with this product, I have long fine hair but this doesn't leave it greasy or weigh it down. I'll definitely buy again." —Ellie
Get it from Amazon for $6.95.
Bek, a BuzzFeed editor, thinks this protein treatment is the miracle product she's been searching for — read this post on game-changing beauty products to learn why!
7. A Schick Silk Touch-Up Tool you can use to remove peach fuzz and shape your eyebrows. It also works to exfoliate dead skin, and people with beards can even use it to trim the hair near their edges with as much precision as possible.
8. A Revlon one-step hair dryer and volumizer hot air brush, which is one of the most versatile (and most popular) hair appliances on the internet. Instead of having to hold both a brush and a blow dryer simultaneously to style your hair, you can now free up one of your hands for selfies — because the world deserves to see this thing in action.
Promising review: "I have very thick, wavy hair. I can never blow out my hair because it's too hard to hold the round brush and hair dryer in the right spots. THIS!! It is everything all in one and the oval shape makes it so easy to use. It gets really hot. It is a little loud on high, but I've found if my hair is already a little dry then I can just use it on low. I used a blow dry primer spray to accelerate the drying time and protect my hair. I'm in love! The flat iron always flattens my hair and makes it look dry. This straightens and retains the volume and gives it a soft, nondamaged look." —SAHM2011
Get it from Amazon for $44.99+ (available in four colors).
9. A deeply nourishing hair mask with aloe vera and castor oil that'll add softness without weighing down your natural texture. This is also a game-changer for people who generally have trouble managing frizzy hair.
Promising review: "I'm a natural hair girl! I often struggle with finding a product that helps me manage and keep my hair safe for the next styling. Although I wear protective styles, the in-between time really counts, so this mask is a lifesaver. I love to see the hydration of my natural curls and I feel this product gives them the love they truly deserve! This product has helped me redefine my hair experience. Love it!" —Ashley Jennings
Girl + Hair is a Black-owned, woman-owned small business.
Get it from Amazon for $12.99.
10. Or a bestselling argan oil hair mask that works in just seven minutes. A product that'll give your hair a glossy shine in less time than it takes to boil an egg may seem too good to be true, but if you don't believe us, at least believe the 20,000+ 5-star ratings it's gotten on Amazon!
Promising review: "My hair is very thin and curly. The ends are damaged from heat and color, causing my hair to look even more unruly. I do oil treatments once a week and only wash my hair two to three times a week but NOTHING has made my hair feel like this product does. There is an immediate difference as soon as this product touches my hair. It leaves my hair feeling so silky, even after I rinse it out and dry my hair." —Melissa
Get it from Amazon for $12.95.
11. A scalp massager shampoo brush for a deep and exfoliating wash that'll also relieve some stress at the same time.
12. A wildly popular Wet brush that's absolutely earned its cult following. If you're looking for something that'll detangle your stubborn (yet somehow very tender) head of hair without feeling like someone is trying to yank gorilla glue off your scalp, this brush is for you.
Promising review: "I am that girl who wakes up in the morning with a HUGE knot in the back of my head! I DREAD getting out of the shower, with a wide tooth comb and painfully brushing out my hair. It takes about 15–20 minutes! With this new brush, at first I couldn't believe it was actually brushing my hair (no pain) by the end of a few minutes, ALL of my knots were gone and my hair felt silky and smooth! WOW! Thank you Wetbrush!" —Chrissy
Get it from Amazon for $7.19 (available in 21 colors and patterns).
13. Or a rose quartz crystal comb for spiritually inclined folks looking to detangle their hair.
14. A pack of big claw clips, which is basically the equivalent of having extra pairs of big ol' hands to keep your hair up as you wash your face or apply makeup.
Promising review: "I have medium length, THICK hair and these hold my hair with zero problem. I love the smooth, matte finish on them too! I suffer from headaches and migraines and these don’t cause any issues. They’re a tight grip without feeling that way. No tugging or pulling." —Taylor Bybee
Get a four-pack from Amazon for $13.99 (available in two colors).
15. Or a chic Machete claw clip if you'd like to support a woman-owned small business.
16. A bottle of Verb Ghost Oil if you're looking for a solution to your frizz and flyaways that's lighter than a mask and can be used daily. It works on all hair types, but is particularly helpful for people with coarse, thick hair.
Promising review: "I got turned onto this stuff after some colleagues put it in stories and after trying just about every hair oil out there, I can assure that this is the good stuff. It's great for finishing off your look after heat styling (like with a curling iron or straightener) or helping your hair calm down post-blow-drying."—Elizabeth Lily
Get it from Amazon for $18.
17. An apple cider vinegar shampoo and coconut + avocado oil conditioner set that does way more than you'd think — which includes reducing dandruff, treating itchy scalps, and removing build-up from other styling products. There's a reason your mother always kept a jar of apple cider vinegar in the kitchen cabinet.
Promising review: "I really was hesitant to try this, but I decided I would take the plunge anyways. I have to say after using it for a few weeks now I'm pleasantly surprised! My hair is so soft, shiny and lightweight! I love how bouncy it is after using this, plus it smells amazing. Not vinegar-y at all. My daughter has been using this as well for her oily hair and dandruff (after trying tons of super expensive salon products), and so far this is the only thing that has been working for her! Her dandruff is gone and her hair is noticeable less oily by the end of the day. We will definitely be buying more." —kindlemom1
Get the set from Amazon for $29.94.
18. A Crown Affair towel made with waffle microfiber material to reduce how long it takes for your hair to dry *and* an elastic strap that secures the towel around your head — so when you hit that celebratory backflip upon discovering how comfortable this thing feels, it's sure to stay in place.
Crown Affair is a woman-owned small business specializing in beautiful handcrafted hair tools.
BuzzFeed Editor Melanie Aman has one and says, "When I bleached my hair, I switched from drying it with a bath towel to drying it with a T-shirt because I read that my rough bath towel was too harsh on my already stressed strands. The one downside to my new method is that I was stretching out the necklines of my shirts :'( Enter this talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show-stopping, spectacular towel. It's incredibly soft and dries my hair super quickly, which is great because I hate wet hair but would prefer to avoid drying it with heat."
Get it from Crown Affair for $45.
19. A conditioning castor oil packed with vitamins and fatty acids that'll heal and strengthen your hair over time. It can also help soothe your scalp if it's extra dry. Reviewers say you'll start seeing improvements within a few weeks!
Promising review: "I am so happy I bought this product! I took steroid pain injections (from age 21–23) and the doctor failed to tell me it may cause you to lose hair. That's exactly what happened to me, I started to lose my hair and its thickness. I tried everything from Biotin, B-12, repairing shampoo and conditioners, hair masks, medicated shampoos and nothing was filling in my scalp or giving my hair the thickness like it used to. I decided to try this and it works! My scalp is filling back in and my hair is getting thick! It's a wonderful miracle! I started crying when I saw the results I was so happy! The oil is thick but it does not mean you cannot apply it you just need to really work it in. I usually leave it in overnight because it's easier to get out that way. You can also use other oils if it is too thick for you. It does have a slight smell but I think because it's all organic, but it is not overpowering or that noticeable. I am going to buy this product again and recommend it to other people!" —Angel of Light
Get it from Amazon for $13.95.
20. Silk scrunchies that are so freaking cute you'll throw out every other one that you own. A colleague of mine here at BuzzFeed has a few of these, and I would not blame her if she brought it up during every single meeting she attends.
RaieAtelier is a BIPOC woman-owned business based in NYC.
Promising review: "I have one in each color and when I tell you these are GORGEOUS, I mean it. They're not too tight, like a ton of other scrunchies I own, and are comfortable on my wrist. I need her to make even more colors so I can dump all my old scrunchies in the trash and replace them with these ~on trend~ alternatives." —Allison Faccenda
21. A beard comb that doubles as a bottle opener to make sure that luxurious mane on your face is well groomed before cracking that IPA open at your local bar — ya know, for optimal hipster coolness.
The best part about this is it's specifically designed to fit inside of a wallet, so you won't have to waste any extra space in your pockets.
Get it from Bespoke Post for $16.