33 Genius Products That Honestly Deserve Nobel Prizes
Bet you wish you thought of these yourself (so do we).
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A Revlon one-step hair dryer and volumizer hot air brush, which is one of the most versatile (and most popular) hair appliances on the internet. Instead of having to hold both a brush and a blow-dryer simultaneously to style your hair, you can now free up one of your hands for selfies — because the world deserves to see this thing in action.
Promising review: "I have very thick, wavy hair. I can never blow out my hair because it's too hard to hold the round brush and hair dryer in the right spots. THIS!! It is everything all in one and the oval shape makes it so easy to use. It gets really hot. It is a little loud on high, but I've found if my hair is already a little dry then I can just use it on low. I used a blow dry primer spray to accelerate the drying time and protect my hair. I'm in love! The flat iron always flattens my hair and makes it look dry. This straightens and retains the volume and gives it a soft, nondamaged look." —SAHM2011
Get it from Amazon for $44.99+ (available in four colors).
2. A bug bite thing (no, really, that's what it's called) to suck out all the nasty venom and saliva left behind by mosquitos each summer — that means less swelling and itching, and more fun in the sun!
Some reviewers say it has strong suction power, so use it lightly!
Promising review: "I am a magnet for bites of all kinds and carry topical and medicines with me at all times — so I figured this would be a good product to see if it really works. I woke up with a bug bite on my arm so I used this little tool (three times per the instructions) — immediately after using, it stopped itching! And less than 24 hours later the bump/bite gone! There is a very faint red mark from using the thing, but a small price to pay IMO. Bottom line: it’s awesome. I’m carrying it with me everywhere!" —Rebecca
Get it from Amazon for $9.95.
3. A sweat-proof running belt that comes with a pouch to hold your phone, as well as a key and coins pouch and a sealed hole for your headphones (which will come in handy for those of you still in committed relationships with wires). It's basically a utility belt for athletes. You'll feel like Batman minus the repressed anger and billionaire privilege.
Promising review: "I used it to go running. I have a iPhone XR and it fits perfectly in it. The belt doesn’t get loose or bounce when you run or you work out. The best of all that is flat and lightweight. I recommend this product if you are looking for a pack that holds you keys and your phone."—Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $14.97 (available in six colors)
4. An Erase-a-Hole putty if you and your roommates have turned your living room walls into Swiss cheese, but would still like a chance at getting all of your security deposit back. You'll definitely keep this stashed away somewhere in every new apartment you move into.
Promising review: "I love this stuff! It’s super easy to use and it flawlessly anything from nail holes to larger drywall anchor holes. Bonus that my walls are white and I can even get away with not repainting if I do a clean job! I hope they never stop making this stuff." —bookworm
Get it from Amazon for $10.95.
5. A grout pen to...well...hide dirty grout. Which is a quick and easy project for lazy people who'd rather not spend an entire afternoon actually *removing* dirty grout.
Promising review: "I was pleasantly surprised by how far these went. I did the entire floor of my large master bathroom plus a little of the shower with one pen. It is pretty forgiving, and you have quite a bit of working time before it dries completely. This was not a quick task, but it went faster than I thought it would. I was worried the white would look too bright, but it just makes everything look so much cleaner. I'm very happy with this product!" —Jenelle
Get it from Amazon for $8.99+ (available in three colors and two sizes).
6. A Schick Silk Touch-Up Tool you can use to remove peach fuzz and shape your eyebrows. It also works to exfoliate dead skin, and people with beards can even use it to trim the hair near their edges with as much precision as possible.
7. A silicone watermelon cutter to make carving up this delicious snack so much easier. You shouldn't have to struggle digging into your favorite summer treat.
It also works on cantaloupe!
Promising review: "Wow is this the greatest invention for watermelon ever or what? I love watermelon, it's my absolute favorite summertime treat, but cutting it can make such a mess and can be wasteful as well. But not anymore. This handy dandy little device changes all that. Makes slicing watermelon quick and is virtually effortless. Plus it cubes the watermelon as it cuts. Cleanup is a simple rinse under the faucet and that's it. Literally could not be easier to use. It is the perfect tool for cutting and cubing your watermelon all at once. AND it's very inexpensive. Best kitchen tool I've seen in a long time. Works for cantaloupe as well!!!" —jimdevo
Get it from Amazon for $16.97.
8. A Diamond Dazzle Stik with a twist-to-dispense design that makes cleaning your jewelry so easy you'll do it just for fun. No more cloudy stones for you!
Promising review: "Don't get me wrong — my wedding ring was gorgeous before. It did sparkle and still made me smile every day. However...after using this Diamond Dazzle Stik...*oh my goodness*! After one use my ring is absolutely breathtaking! I knew my ring got dirty now and then, simply from sweating and being outside in the elements. However, I never realized just how much dinge and schmutz marred my diamond until I cleaned it. It literally took my breath away with its fiery, dazzling brilliance!" —liltreeclimber
Get it from Amazon for $6.47.
9. A scratch-free scraper tool so you can remove labels and other sticky things like a civilized person instead of using your nails like some sort of X-Men character.
You can use this to scrape off candle wax from tables, dried food from countertops, adhesive stickers off new products, soap build-up in bathrooms, etc!
Promising review: "The perfect handy tool for getting into tight places. It's firm enough for multiple uses but it doesn't scratch or mar surfaces. I should have gotten the five-pack, I have so many uses for these things. I think the best use yet was cleaning the sliding door track, I finally could get into the corners to get the grunge out. A great invention." —MissPicky
Get it from Amazon for $9.97.
10. A genius cat toy to keep your kitty entertained for so long it'll honestly make you jealous. I wonder what it must be like to not have bills or responsibilities.
Promising review: "My cats are OBSESSED with this toy and I find it hilarious since of course it's the cheapest thing we've bought them. When it's time to put it away I literally have to hide it so they don't see where it goes. I swear they would play with it until they passed out if I didn't stop them." —AliaDanielle
Get it from Amazon for $2.95.
11. A pancake mixer bottle that'll allow you to mix, pour, and fry your pancakes as fast as possible. This is perfect for people who live in households with many mouths to feed.
12. A set of bedsheet holders to prevent aggressive sleepers from ripping their sheets off the mattress while tossing and turning.
Promising review: "Say goodbye to re-arranging your fitted sheet every morning! My boyfriend sleeps like he’s rolling down a hill, so every morning I would wake up to the scratchy feel of my mattress cover because my soft silk fitted sheet was all over the place. Thanks to these bed bands, our sheets stay put no matter what. The only way for your fitted sheet to come off is if you manually remove these first. I wish I would have bought this so much sooner." —Khalysee
Get a pack of four from Amazon for $12.99 (available in five colors and four pack sizes).
13. An eyeliner stamp that'll help you create that matching wings look so many people struggle to capture. Your coworkers will demand you give an impromptu beauty tutorial during your next Zoom meeting.
One side is a winged stamp and the other side is a regular eyeliner pen.
Promising review: "This product is amazing. Seriously. Not only does it make PERFECT wings, but I have pretty small eyes that squinch up when I smile, laugh, etc., which is super annoying because my eyeliner is always smudged. These pens though — not a sign of smudging at all. Buy it." —Tara Doyle Robinson
Get it from Amazon for $14.97.
14. A scalp massager shampoo brush for a deep and exfoliating wash that'll also relieve some stress at the same time.
15. A pack of clear bumper stickers (no, not the kind that go on cars) to make your home a much quieter place. These will keep your drawers and cabinets from slamming shut, even if your house is haunted by very petty and rambunctious ghosts.
Promising review: "So my parents’ bathroom cabinets make a lot of noise and are all missing bumpers in the corners of the doors and on the frames. I put these on the other day and life is sweeter without having to hear the cabinet doors slamming or closing each time they’re opened. With the bumpers being clear and not of a color, it’s also aesthetically pleasing." —KW
Get a 300-pack from Amazon for $9.99.
16. A pair of copper-infused arch supports with compression to provide some much needed pain relief for people with fallen arches, plantar faciitis, or jobs that require them to stand or walk all day.
Promising review: "I have been using these for about a week now, and I cannot tell you how much they have HELPED with plantar fasciitis. It is nothing short of amazing. I didn't realize that these also act as an arch support until I wore them. Nothing but praise from me. I have spent soooo much $$ on foot remedies, and was skeptical about these little elastic bands, but this has to be the best product I have purchased in years! I have already ordered another pair just to be sure I have them on hand !! AAA+++ product !" —remzy
Get them from Amazon for $15.99.
17. A pair of quick-dry water shoes that reviewers just can't get enough of. These flexible, sock-like shoes are great for protecting your feet from hot sand and sharp rocks while still allowing you to enjoy the pleasures of the water. Some people even wear them while they're chillin' in the backyard or out front washing the car.
Promising review: "I bought these shoes a couple of years ago before a river hike. UM THESE ARE AWESOME. They lasted a long time and the only reason I bought these yellow ones were because I wanted a new color, haha. My older pair did start to wear out in the toes from scraping them on rocks and such when hiking but still no holes in them. These shoes feel like socks but with enough of a sole that you can walk on gravel with no problem. It really is like walking barefoot. Also, these are the only water shoes that I have worn that do NOT let a bunch of debris into the shoe making you constantly have to take it off to empty it or just deal with the irritant. You can play on the beach with minimal sand stuck between your toes. Thoroughly impressed by that. So with that, I do recommend if you are a half size to size down so they are snug, otherwise the sock like ability to keep stuff out might not work so well." —Samantha Lindsay
Get it from Amazon for $8.68+ (available in seven sizes and 44 colors).
18. An essential oil stick that'll FINALLY give you some much needed migraine relief. If only you could rub this directly on the ting that was giving you a headache in the first place and erase it from existence.
Read our full review of the Migrastil headache relief stick!
Promising review: "The stick provides a pleasant, cool, tingling feeling, almost like VapoRub. It lessens the intensity of the pain, and, if my headache is dull or just starting, it can make it go away almost entirely. If nothing else, it at least extends how long I can go without taking ibuprofen and delays the splitting headache I sometimes feel coming after a long day. I've taken so much less Advil since I started using this! Plus, you can reapply as often as you need." —Katy Herman
Get it from Amazon for $11.99.
19. A rechargeable electric lighter for people like me who are deathly afraid of burning themselves with regular lighters. Like you can enjoy lighting candles every day like the rest of civilized society.
Promising review: "Literally the coolest thing I’ve bought myself. I asked myself before buying, “do I really need this” and thank god the answer was yes. I feel like a kid playing with my toy when I’m lighting candles. Everyone who comes over tells me how cool it is! Super easy to light candles and for sure easier than using a lighter or match!" —Amazon Customer, 3/17/2021
Get it from Amazon for $12.99.
20. A Crown Affair towel that's made with waffle microfiber material to reduce how long it takes for your hair to dry *and* an elastic strap that secures the towel around your head — so when you hit that celebratory backflip upon discovering how comfortable this thing feels, it's sure to stay in place.
Crown Affair is a woman-owned small business specializing in beautiful handcrafted hair tools.
BuzzFeed Editor Melanie Aman has one and says, "When I bleached my hair, I switched from drying it with a bath towel to drying it with a T-shirt because I read that my rough bath towel was too harsh on my already stressed strands. The one downside to my new method is that I was stretching out the necklines of my shirts :'( Enter this talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show-stopping, spectacular towel. It's incredibly soft and dries my hair super quickly, which is great because I hate wet hair but would prefer to avoid drying it with heat."
Get it from Crown Affair for $45.
21. A pack of bra strap holders, because few things are more annoying than having to adjust your bra strap for the 100th time in a row.
These also make it so that you can wear bras with halter and racerback tops.
Promising review: "Since I started using these clips, I haven't had to pull up my straps a single time! I used to have to pull them back up a dozen times a day. No more. Now I can put on my bra and then just forget that it is there. I don't notice any change in the fit of my bra. I wear a large cup size and the last thing I wanted was to add to that. However, with the straps fully extended on my bra, I find the fit to be essentially the same as before. The only difference is that the straps stay in place. If you've ever struggled to keep your straps up, you owe it to yourself to try this product." —K. Howe
Get a three-pack from Amazon for $6.97 (available in five color combos).
22. A power strip with an ultra thin outlet cover that's so brilliant, whoever thought of it deserves a lifetime achievement award. Instead of forcing you to choose between a piece of furniture and that big bulky plug on the end of your old power strip, this one comes with a plug that's designed with the exact same dimensions as most sockets, so you can basically lean your dresser or nightstand right up against the wall without having anything awkwardly wedged in between.
Promising review: "The design of this is great. I always hated putting plugs behind furniture and either not using the plug, or the furniture being inches away from the wall. This is the perfect solution. I have a few of these now behind couches and dressers in the house and they are great. This is more expensive than some other flat extension cords but I think the look and quality of these is worth it." —Adam C.
Get it from Amazon for $24.95.
23. A cooler light for when the sun goes down but you've still got a few brews to go. With this handy little gadget, you'll be able to quickly find that sweet nectar you're looking for instead of having to fish through ice and freeze your fingers off. And it shuts off automatically after 20 seconds, so you don't have to worry about draining the battery.
One charge is good for 60 hours of white light and up to 31 hours of red light.
Promising review: "This little cooler light is awesome! Gone are the days of 'Honey will you come hold the flashlight while I dig in the cooler?' It attached very easy; just peel and stick while making sure to keep the lens pointed down towards the contents of the cooler. The adhesive seems to be very strong and should stick for good! The light is motion activated and only turns on when you open the cooler, and shuts off automatically when you close the lid, or after about 20 seconds of the lid being open. The light is super bright! It clearly lights the entire contents of the cooler! This was a great purchase and I have recommended this to my friends." —Jo
Get it from Amazon for $11.49.
24. A beard comb that doubles as a bottle opener to make sure that luxurious mane on your face is well groomed before cracking that IPA open at your local bar — ya know, for optimal hipster coolness.
The best part about this is it's specifically designed to fit inside of a wallet, so you won't have to waste any extra space in your pockets.
Get it from Bespoke Post for $16.
25. A grooming glove – it can be used wet or dry to remove excess hair from your furriest friend *and* give them endless belly rubs at the same time.
Promising review: "Fantastic dog grooming aid! Our older rescue dog isn't too keen on the routine dog brushing stuff but her thick coat really needs the grooming — this dog grooming glove is the exact right answer. Put the glove on, pet the dog, and all that loose hair comes away, leaving her coat feeling so much smoother and softer without causing her to be nervous or upset over a brushing. Highly recommend, and yes I'm going to be ordering as gifts for a couple of other dog owners I know!" —DSP
Get each glove from Amazon for $6.79 (available in both left-handed and right-handed versions).
26. A satin-lined beanie to keep your head warm *and* hair soft and safe from friction, because you shouldn't have to sacrifice one for the other.
27. An easily installed fruit and veggie hammock – it looks way better than the random bowl or basket currently housing your produce. This will also save you some space!
28. A bottle of Fog Gone for mask-wearers who've been struggling with the small yet ridiculously annoying inconvenience of foggy glasses. Now you can continue to protect yourself (and everyone else around you) without obstructing your vision.
Promising review: "I bought this product for my daughter to try to stop the fog on her glasses when she wore her mask at school. It worked great! I am also a teacher and bought another bottle for my students and they love it too. A staff member saw it on my desk and used it and loved it so much she asked me to purchase a bottle for her and one for her friend." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $7.99+ (available in three sizes).
29. A bottle of Drop It, a natural wine sulfate and tannin remover, to possibly prevent those terrible headaches some of us wake up with after we've had glass or two the night before. Just use 1–2 drops for each glass of white wine, 2–3 for a glass of red, and 7–9 if you're treating a whole bottle at once. Swirl it around a bit for 20 seconds and you're good to go!
Promising review: "I became really sensitive to wine in my thirties and through a lot of trial and painful error, I thought I might have to give up on wine altogether. Then I found out about the preservatives being a possible cause and decided to give this product a shot. So glad I did!! I'm still pretty sensitive to reds but this helps tremendously so that I can have a glass with dinner without a headache immediately settling in. Whites cause me no problem what so ever! I love that it takes so little product to make a difference to a whole bottle. Just a few drops, a few minutes and we are good to go." —CastawayIrons
Get it from Amazon for $14.99.
30. A set of washer-friendly sock pairing clips to ensure your sock's life partner never suddenly goes "missing" in the wash. Am I the only one who ever thinks about how lonely my socks must get whenever I accidentally break up a pair?
Promising review: "If you're tired of sorting and pairing socks, then you need this product. I ordered a set for me (one for clean socks and one for dirty socks). The stocks stayed secured in and out of the wash cycle and dried well. Great idea for each family member, travelers, and kids going off to college. Can be used for more than just socks. Think scarves, gloves, etc." —valueval
Get it from Amazon for $16 (available in pink, red, blue, and dark blue).
31. An Ubarre weight — which is a weight that also functions as minimalistic home decor. A few at-home sessions with this thing and you'll suddenly realize how ugly every piece of equipment in the gym is.
Equipt is a woman-founded small business known for their pretty and functional exercise equipment. You'll find weighted bars, wrist weights, and more gear that'll help tone your body and look great in your workout space.
Promising review: "Ubarre is wild! It targets every area of your body. I have been using it daily and have had the best workout in seven years. I cannot believe how quickly it tones your body." —Ubarre Customer
Get it from Equipt for $129+ (available in two weights).
32. A pair of lace anti-chafing bands to keep your sensitive thighs nice and comfy as you're sweating your butt off during cardio. Neither "I" in HIIT stands for irritation, so the two shouldn't come as a package deal.
Promising review: "I have a pair of the lace ones that I've loved wearing underneath my dresses and skirts. I just purchased the non-lace ones to wear when I run, because the seams of my shorts rub in this humid weather! These worked freaking fabulous for my run, and stayed in perfect place (I ordered size C!) They were so much cooler than compression shorts or spandex, and kept the sticky thighs away from each other!" —Amazon Customer
Get them from Amazon for $18.94+ (available in six sizes and 17 colors).
33. A reusable notebook – it comes with a cloud-compatible app. This thing is a game-changer if you're someone with far too many half-filled notebooks, or if you haven't quite figured out how to manage your digital and handwritten notes in a way that's conducive to your workflow.
The notebook has 42 pages in seven different styles including space for task lists, weekly planning, a monthly calendar, a goal template, an ideas list, a dot-grid, and lined pages. It'll also come with one Pilot Frixion pen and one microfiber cloth. All you'll need to do is download the Rocketbook app so you can use your phone to scan your notes. The app (for iOS and android) will move your notes to most cloud services including Google Drive, Dropbox, Evernote, Box, OneNote, Slack, iCloud, email and more. ALSO, even though you'll have a Pilot Frixion pen, the notebook works with other writing tools in the Pilot Frixion line including the markers and highlighters.
Promising review: "I bought this for my daughter in college at her request. I was skeptical because frankly, it seemed like a product designed to solve a problem that didn’t exist. Plain-paper notebooks have always worked just fine. But after seeing hers, I bought one for myself. After using it, I bought one for work, and now our entire office is converting to Rocketbooks. They’re slim, lightweight, so easy to set up and use, and in a note-heavy environment like our office, will pay for themselves within a month. No more wasted paper (and killed trees). No more constantly buying notebooks and legal pads and 15 different kinds of pens (because you need to use a particular pen with these). Best of all from my standpoint, because you need to scan so you can wipe and reuse, more of people’s notes are now finding their way to files instead of being buried on someone’s desk on a half-used legal pad. The notebook is versatile with planning pages, agenda/calendar pages, dot-matrix pages, and lines pages. It’s an easy five-to-ten minute setup (depending on how tech-savvy you are), with multiple programmable destinations, so you can easily use the same notebook for work and home. Best of all, I no longer feel guilty about jotting quick notes and the rainbow of post-it notes has disappeared from my desk. It’s a solid, easy-to-use product and one of the best purchases I’ve made all year." —Valerie Sanders
Get it from Amazon for $30.59+ (available in executive and letter size).