1. A pair of high-waisted yoga pants that actually have pockets (*gasp*) so you can finally store your phone comfortably while working out. They come in so many colors you'll want to buy a pair for every gym day of the week!
Promising review: "I bought these for the pockets and the high waist. The material is surprisingly squat-proof. Even with white undies, not a single bit was seen when I did a squat... and trust me I was looking for these to fail. The material has a matte finish and is really soft (like cotton). I hate constantly pulling up yoga pants so I was looking for high-waisted that stayed high and these are it. They're a bit snug, but I never have to pull them up. I am a womens 14 and the XL fit great." —megan
Get it from Amazon for $21.95 (available in sizes XS–3X and 18 colors)
2. Or a sweat-proof running belt that comes with a pouch to hold your phone, as well as a key and coins pouch and a sealed hole for your headphones (which will come in handy for those of you still in committed relationships with wires). It's basically a utility belt for athletes. You'll feel like Batman minus the repressed anger and billionaire privilege.
Promising review: "I used it to go running. I have a iPhone XR and it fits perfectly in it. The belt doesn’t get loose or bounce when you run or you work out. The best of all that is flat and lightweight. I recommend this product if you are looking for a pack that holds you keys and your phone."—Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $14.97 (available in six colors)
3. A silicone watermelon cutter to make carving up this delicious snack so much easier. You shouldn't have to struggle digging into your favorite summer treat.
It also works on cantaloupe!
Promising review: "Wow is this the greatest invention for watermelon ever or what? I love watermelon, it's my absolute favorite summertime treat, but cutting it can make such a mess and can be wasteful as well. But not anymore. This handy dandy little device changes all that. Makes slicing watermelon quick and is virtually effortless. Plus it cubes the watermelon as it cuts. Cleanup is a simple rinse under the faucet and that's it. Literally could not be easier to use. It is the perfect tool for cutting and cubing your watermelon all at once. AND it's very inexpensive. Best kitchen tool I've seen in a long time. Works for cantaloupe as well!!!" —jimdevo
Get it from Amazon for $16.97.
4. A tube of Elizavecca's CER-100 Collagen Coating Protein treatment for anyone with hair that's become damaged due to excessive straightening and dyeing.
Promising review: "My hair used to be really soft, and then I discovered hot tools and hair dye. While my hair looks good, I really missed the soft texture. This works so well. There are no instructions on the box but I washed my hair with my usual shampoo, towel-dried it, worked about two quarter-sized dollops through my hair, let it sit for 20 minutes and then rinsed out. I went to bed with wet hair which usually results in my hair being kind of tangled and rough looking but I woke up and my hair was as soft and silky as it was before I started coloring it. I'm totally in love with this product, I have long fine hair but this doesn't leave it greasy or weigh it down. I'll definitely buy again." —Ellie
Get it from Amazon for $6.95.
Bek, a BuzzFeed editor, thinks this protein treatment is the miracle product she's been searching for — read this post on game-changing beauty products to learn why!
5. A bug bite thing (no, really, that's what it's called) to suck out all the nasty venom and saliva left behind by mosquitos each summer — that means less swelling and itching, and more fun in the sun!
Some reviewers say it has strong suction power, so use it lightly!
Promising review: "I am a magnet for bites of all kinds and carry topical and medicines with me at all times — so I figured this would be a good product to see if it really works. I woke up with a bug bite on my arm so I used this little tool (three times per the instructions) — immediately after using, it stopped itching! And less than 24 hours later the bump/bite gone! There is a very faint red mark from using the thing, but a small price to pay IMO. Bottom line: it’s awesome. I’m carrying it with me everywhere!" —Rebecca
Get it from Amazon for $9.95.
6. A teeth-whitening pen – it's easier to use than whitening strips, and far cheaper than a trip to the dentist (although you should definitely go if it's been a while).
Promising review: "I always worry whether this stuff will actually work, look good, be easy to use, taste decent, be safe for my teeth... and this stuff has it all and I'm more than impressed! This photo is just after TWO uses!! Love this product!" —Lil Mama Mindy
Get a two-pack from Amazon for $19.99.
7. A grout pen to...well...hide dirty grout. Which is a quick and easy project for lazy people who'd rather not spend an entire afternoon actually *removing* dirty grout.
Promising review: "I was pleasantly surprised by how far these went. I did the entire floor of my large master bathroom plus a little of the shower with one pen. It is pretty forgiving, and you have quite a bit of working time before it dries completely. This was not a quick task, but it went faster than I thought it would. I was worried the white would look too bright, but it just makes everything look so much cleaner. I'm very happy with this product!" —Jenelle
Get it from Amazon for $8.99+ (available in three colors and two sizes).
8. A bottle of melatonin sleep gummies for people living with insomnia *OR* an intense late-night Instagram scrolling problem. Just take two gummies 30 minutes before your bedtime and they'll help you knock right out no matter what — even if you just saw Drake or Rihanna slide into your DMs to let you know how hot you looked in your last brunch pic.
Be sure to check out our write-up of these sleep gummies!
Promising review: "I've tried other sleep products like the sleep drinks and other gummies but I keep coming back for these! They've worked the best out of any of the others I've tried! I fall asleep fast and stay asleep for the whole night. I also wake up feeling great! No hangover feeling at all!" —Jaime Arnold
Get a pack of 50 from Amazon for $12.42
9. An anti-dandruff shampoo to save you from having to shell out a co-pay at a dermatologist's office. Whether you have a relatively mild case of dandruff or your scalp and shoulders resemble the Swiss Alps during ski season, this thing will become a staple of your shower routine.
Promising review: "MIRACLE PRODUCT! If you have a flaky scalp from dandruff, BUY THIS. I was about to go to the dermatologist if this stuff didn’t work. Thank goodness I saved myself hundreds of dollars by giving this product a shot. I used it four or five times (over a month) and it cleared my scalp almost completely. One more use and my scalp will be 120% healed! This stuff blew my mind. Totally worth it." —Chris
Get it from Amazon for $14.84+ (available in two sizes).
10. Or a bottle of sulfate-free Biotin shampoo infused with tea tree, jojoba, and argan oils to help treat hair loss. This is a potential option for folks whose hair is thinning a bit sooner than expected, or people simply looking to go a few extra rounds with Father Time.
Promising review: "I love this shampoo! I had gastric sleeve surgery and my hair was very, very thin. I started taking biotin and switched to biotin shampoo as recommended by my doctor. It doesn’t make your hair grow by washing it but it makes your hair and roots stronger. And it worked. After using the whole bottle, my hair was stronger. I had a lot of new growth that was sticking around (the previous new growth fell out early on) and my hair was getting thicker. Eight months later, my hair is back to normal. It's longer and thicker than ever. I still use it twice a week and love it! I’m not crazy about the way it smells but others love it when they smell my hair." —Diane J. Huff
Get it from Amazon for $9.95.
11. A box of fine line-reducing face masks that'll tighten your pores and lift your skin. Be prepared to be a little freaked out at first when you see yourself in the mirror and realize you look like an extra from The Walking Dead with this mask on. But once you take it off, it'll all be worth it.
Promising review: "Smells great! This face mask does exactly what it says. My skin is nice and lifted, hydrated, noticeable reduction in fine lines, improved texture, reduced my pore size, and eliminated some newly developed rough patches forming around the hairline. Couldn't be more satisfied with this product! I have pretty good skin for 37, but this mask has really helped take my skin to the next level" —Samantha
Get a box of eight masks from Amazon for $21.50.
12. A jar of O'Keeffe's Working Hands Lotion for anyone whose newfound commitment to the gym has also come with an unexpected commitment to calluses and cracked skin. This is also a lifesaver for people who've been washing their hands more than ever since the pandemic started (no judgment — props on the improvement!) and are experiencing more dryness than usual.
They also make a version for your feet!
Promising review: "I am amazed! I have dealt with eczema all my life. I've used steroid creams/ointments, lotions, wash, you name it. And then I tried this miracle product! In four days, my hands looks better then it ever has! I can bend my finger without pain! I'm sooo happy with the results. And I have only been using it for four days!" —Kelly
13. Essence's Lash Princess mascara to make you look super attentive (and glamorous) during those back-to-back Zoom meetings — even if you're actually bored out of your mind.
Promising review: "Hello, that is my face above, because I bought into the hype of over 110,000 5-star reviews and now I will never look back!! Putting it on is like giving my eyelashes butterfly wings. It doesn't get clumpy, it stays put ALL the live long day (I spent all of last year's ridiculously hot pandemic summer wearing it, so I can speak to that), and you can apply it on very lightly if you don't want it to look so dramatic, or continue applying for longer lashes each time." —Emma Lord
Promising review: "I am a 30-year-old who has been wearing mascara since I was probably 15 or 16 and this is by far the best mascara ever. This beats Dior's almost-$40 mascara. A few times I made make up purchases based off of what reviewers and make up influencers hyped up and was disappointed, this surely wasn’t a disappointment." —Mary
Get it from Amazon for $4.99.
14. A cooling towel for heavy sweaters who dread warm weather. All you have to do to cool down with this thing is soak it in a bucket of water and wring it out before applying it to your body. Now you can step away from the AC and join the rest of the family in the backyard.
Promising review: "I am so in love with these, mostly use them for running, etc. I use them at night a lot because I’m going through menopause. It has been a miracle for me, I’ve tried all kinds of supplements they help but this actually works better for me. Also had a virus and used one to cool me down and help with fever. So they have so many uses, I suggest that everyone get these!" —Annette Looper
Get a four-pack from Amazon for $16.99 (available in four color combos).