1. A judge on Monday ordered an investigation into the whereabouts of legendary DJ and former Top 40 host Casey Kasem.
The order came after a lawyer for his wife, Jean Kasem, told the judge he didn’t know the whereabouts of Kasem. Superior Court Judge Daniel S. Murphy ordered a court investigator and state officials to find where Kasem is being treated and report back to the court.
The former radio star suffers from an advanced case of Parkinson’s disease and can no longer speak. He has been in and out of various medical facilities chosen by his wife.
Casey Kasem gained fame with his radio music countdown shows, American Top 40 and Casey’s Top 40. He was also the voice of Shaggy in Scooby Doo.
2. Kasem’s three adult children from another marriage have been battling his current wife in court over access to their father.
“There’s been a resistance for so long, ever since my father married her,” his daughter Kerri Kasem said in a 2013 interview with Piers Morgan. “It’s been a very long time.”
3. Casey Kasem’s daughter was awarded temporary conservatorship of him Monday, which she believes is why Jean Kasem fled the country with him.
5. Read Kerri Kasem’s two tweets in full:
Justice was finally served! I just won temporary conservatorship over my father’s healthcare. We have been vindicated by the court. Thank you for your prayers, well wishes and support through this entire ordeal.
I believe my father’s wife fled the country (or possibly went to an Indian Reservation) with my Dad because she knew I would win in court today. The judge ordered, Adult Protective Services, the PVP Attorney and the police to look for him. Please pray that he is safe.
- It's on: Hillary Clinton has officially accepted the Democratic party's presidential nomination with some fiery words for Donald Trump 🇺🇸
- Amazon's in its Prime. The company's profit rose 831% this quarter thanks to its growing cloud computing business ☁️💸
- #TBT: Old-school MTV is returning Aug. 1 with shows like "Daria," "Beavis & Butt-Head," "Cribs," and "Punk'd" 📺 🙌