1. U.S. Soccer will travel to Cyprus to play Ukraine on Wednesday.
The United States’ international game versus Ukraine is set to go again on Wednesday, despite early reports of the match being canceled.
The match, originally scheduled to be played in Ukraine on Monday, was moved to Cyprus and rescheduled for Wednesday due to the recent conflict in Ukraine.
Ukraine’s football association president, Anatoliy Konkov, commented on the status of the match on Tuesday.
“We reached a consensus to play the USA after all,” Konkov said in a statement that also expressed gratitude toward the American team. “They stood behind us to protect the national interests and territorial integrity of Ukraine.”
2. U.S. Soccer confirmed on social media that the team is traveling to Cyprus.
The match will be played at Antonis Papadopoulos Stadium, and is a key warm-up game for the United States national team as they prepare for the World Cup this summer.
“This game is a huge opportunity, mainly for our European-based players, for those guys to prove to us that they are eager and hungry to jump on the train to the FIFA World Cup,” U.S. coach Jurgen Klinsmann said.
- The Army Corps of Engineers and North Dakota police have ordered protesters to leave the Dakota Access Pipeline site by this afternoon or face arrest.
- Seven Earth-sized planets that could have water and possibly sustain life have been discovered orbiting a dwarf star, NASA announced today.
- The ACLU is suing the city of Milwaukee and its police for allegedly performing thousands of illegal stop-and-frisk searches that targeted minorities.
- #Peggygate: West Elm offers full refunds for the notoriously disintegrating Peggy Couch days after pulling it from its website and stores👏