1. Update — July 14, 2:10 a.m.: On Monday, workers begin the epic task of refloating the Costa Concordia, which is expected to take up to seven days.
2. Last week, police divers explored the inside of the submerged luxury cruise ship, which has been marooned on the rocks of the Italian island of Giglio since 2012.
3. The video begins with the divers approaching the half-submerged vessel, which spans 950 feet.
4. The Carabinieri police divers submerge beside the wreckage that was once a luxury cruise ship, which held 4,200 passengers and crew.
5. The ship, now covered with algae, is mostly intact after spending two years partially submerged in water.
6. The wreckage still shows remnants of the passengers that were on board, 32 of which lost their lives by drowning after the ship sank.
7. The divers discovered some debris, like this book shown below, fully intact after spending more than two years submerged.
8. One of the most eerie sights is of what appears to be a chest with the insignia of the ship’s name, “Costa Concordia.”
9. The divers make their way through a corridor of the ship, which miraculously still has windows in place.
10. Amazingly, what appears to be the lobby of the Costa Concordia is still fully intact, including computers and a flower vase shown on the left.
11. The divers venture from the lobby of the ship to a lounge area a little further in, which has tables and stools still standing.
12. As they venture further into the lounge, some wreckage is shown to the left, but otherwise it appears to be in order.
13. As the divers make their way through the lounge, they pass couches and tables before heading to the staircase.
14. The staircase is mostly covered with algae, but looks almost exactly like it did before the ship went down in 2012.
15. The divers made their way through one last corridor before coming upon a stunning discovery…
16. As they found an opening within the ship, the divers ascended to the open air above…
17. They emerged from the water to find a sprawling open atrium in the center of the cruise ship.
18. The divers rotate in awe, as they take in the beautiful murals and sunshine from above, intact just like they were when the ship went down in January 2012.
- 2017 Oscar nominations for Best Picture include: "La La Land," "Moonlight," "Arrival," and "Hidden Figures" 🎥 🎬
- White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer repeated claims that the inauguration was the most watched ever. But the numbers (still) don't make sense.
- Britain's Supreme Court has ruled that Prime Minister Theresa May needs to consult parliament before triggering Brexit.
- "The Great Liberation Of France" is a private chat room that Trump Supporters are using to manipulate French voters 💬👀