1. Seventeen-year-old Haris Suleman and his father were on a 30-day, potentially record-breaking flight around the world to raise money for building schools in Pakistan when their plane went down in Pago Pago, American Samoa.
A family spokeswoman confirmed to the Associated Press that the teenage pilot’s body has been recovered. Crews are still looking for his father, the only other passenger on the plane.
Federal Aviation Administration spokesman Ian Gregor said the single-engine plane crashed into the ocean Tuesday night under unknown circumstances.
2. According to Haris’ Twitter account, the two were on their way from Pago Pago to Hawaii.
3. The father-son team took off in mid-June, and were in the middle of their month-long voyage around the world. The teenage pilot was trying to become the youngest person to fly around the world in a single-engine plane in 30 days.
- Today's the final day of the Democratic National Convention — Hillary Clinton is preparing for the biggest night of her life 🇺🇸
- Plotters of Turkey's failed coup were unhappy with the government's attempt to make peace with Kurdish separatist rebels, a document obtained by BuzzFeed News shows.
- Amazon's in its Prime. The company's profit rose 831% this quarter thanks to its growing cloud computing business ☁️💸