1. Pikachu will represent Japan in the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
Adidas, along with the Pokémon Company, announced on Friday the popular yellow Pokémon would be the official mascot for Japan’s 2014 World Cup run in Brazil.
The announcement came during the unmasking of Japan’s new World Cup kits. Both the men and women’s team were present at the announcement that featured Pokémon’s most famous character. It was even decked out in Japan’s new kit!
Pikachu will be one of ten Pokemon, including Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, and more, representing Japan this summer in Brazil.
3. Watch Adidas’ launch video for Japan’s new World Cup kits.
- It's on: Hillary Clinton has officially accepted the Democratic party's presidential nomination with some fiery words for Donald Trump 🇺🇸
- Amazon's in its Prime. The company's profit rose 831% this quarter thanks to its growing cloud computing business ☁️💸
- #TBT: Old-school MTV is returning Aug. 1 with shows like "Daria," "Beavis & Butt-Head," "Cribs," and "Punk'd" 📺 🙌