1. In anticipation of the 20th anniversary of Kurt Cobain’s suicide, the Seattle Police Department released 35 never-before-seen photos of the 1994 crime scene at Cobain’s home in Seattle. The photos come from four recently discovered rolls of film.
Two previously unreleased photos were made public last week. The two photos showed what appear to be drug paraphernalia and a pile of personal belongings.
This week, more of the recently developed pictures were made public, including images of the suicide note, the inside of Cobain’s home, and what appears to be a “heroin kit.”
2. The Seattle Police Department stressed they were not reoppening the case of Cobain’s death, but simply “reviewing” it to prepare for the intense media coverage of the anniversary.
3. They stand by their initial conclusion that Cobain died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.
“I thought it would be a good idea to take a look at that (undeveloped film) because there were some conspiracy theories that … we (SPD) were hiding the film,” Det. Ciesynski, a veteran homicide detective for the SPD, told CBS News.
- A judge has blocked Trump's order to deny funds to sanctuary cities that "refuse to comply" with immigration authorities.
- Fox News anchor Kelly Wright and 12 other current and former employees are suing the network for racial discrimination and harassment.
- The humanitarian crisis in Venezuela is so bad that people are walking over to Brazil to get the food and medicines they need.
- A 5-year-old girl cosplayed Jyn Erso so she could deliver the Death Star plans to Princess Leia 🙏