1. Early this morning, NBC 10 reported a massive multi-car accident on the Pennsylvania Turnpike.
3. The PA Turnpike Commission lifted speed restrictions a few hours before the initial accident.
4. At first, 50 cars were reported in the major pileup.
7. In total, between 50 and 100 cars were involved in the massive pileup.
12. The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission enacted “Plan X” to combat the accident scene.
“Plan X, is the method by which the Commission, in emergency situations such as multiple vehicle accidents, closes certain sections of the Turnpike and reroutes traffic around the affected sections.”
15. Around 2:30pm local time, the highway reopened after hours of standstill.
- Immigrants are worried two government memos are laying the groundwork for the deportation force Trump promised on the campaign trail.
- A US federal judge ruled that Texas can't cut Planned Parenthood out of its Medicaid program.
- The UK Supreme Court ruled that it's legal for the government to keep couples apart because of their income.
- Yalla! You can now download a new Arab emoji keyboard that includes a belly dancer, Oman Chips, and more 👏