1. Because of possible listeria contamination, 14,860 pounds of hummus and dip, distributed to Trader Joe’s and Target under the name Hot Mama’s Foods, have been recalled.
The recall by Lansal Inc. came after the discovery of possible listeria contamination during routine testing conducted by the Texas Department of Health of Target Archer Farms Traditional Hummus.
Other products affected by the recall include Target Archer Farms Roasted Red Pepper with Roasted Red Pepper Topping, Trader Joe’s 5-Layered Dip, Giant Eagle Chipotle and Garlic Hummus, and Tryst Yellow Lentil Hummus with Sunflower Seeds and Apricots.
So far, no illnesses have been reported in connection with the various Hot Mama’s Foods products that are distributed to Trader Joe’s and Target stores.
Consumers who have purchased any of the recalled items are urged not to eat them. The products should be disposed or returned to their place of purchase for a full refund.
Listeria monocytogenes can cause serious infections in young children, the elderly, and people with weakened immune systems. Symptoms could include high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain, and diarrhea.
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- Donald Trump keeps questioning polls and insisting he's winning — even as most show him behind nationally.
- At least 59 people were killed in an overnight militant attack at a police center in Quetta, Pakistani officials say.
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏