We tend to think of Bali as the ultimate tropical destination, but the Northern Territory is just a couple of extra hours on the plane, and feels like paradise.
1. You can swim in the clearest blue water...
2. As well as in amazing waterfalls...
3. Or in a wave pool.
4. You can interact with native animals, like these cute wallabies.
5. And this sweet mum wallaby.
6. Even this adorable baby kangaroo.
7. The reptiles are also fun to hang out with, like this snake who just wanted a hug.
8. There are plenty of activities for adrenaline junkies.
9. You can ride in a doorless helicopter.
10. Or a floatplane.
11. You can also see crocodiles, up close and personal.
12. But for something more relaxing, you can canoe through stunning gorges.
13. Or enjoy a chilled-out cruise through a lagoon.
14. If you're lucky, you'll get to see some Australian wildlife up close!
15. You can also hike in national parks and be greeted with an amazing view at the top.
16. You can learn how to make Aboriginal art from Indigenous artists themselves.
17. And you can also learn how to make a fire the traditional way.
18. Plus, camping in the bush allows you to witness the most beautiful skies ever.
19. Or you can opt for more luxurious accommodation, like this literal crocodile-shaped hotel.
20. Wherever you go, you'll always see breathtaking sunsets. Over the water...
21. And in the skies.
22. Some locations are so surreal, you'll feel like you're on another planet.
23. Because nature is preserved here.
24. There's such a wide variety of food to eat.
25. You can visit anytime of the year because the weather is almost always warm and sunny.
26. And it doesn't feel crowded.
27. Australians will always make you feel at home.
28. Which is exactly why you should seriously consider visiting the Top End for your next tropical holiday.
Travel was provided by Tourism Australia. BuzzFeed writers do not guarantee coverage.