The Perfect Mini Bar For Wine Lovers
Do it yourself! Or, ask your partner to make it, and drink wine while you watch them.
DIY Mini Bar
3 pieces of wood, 12 inches x 12 inches
4 pieces of wood, 3 inches x 9 inches
4 dowels, 1 inch wide x 3 feet tall
2 wood pieces, 3.2 inch long x 1 inch wide, cut at a 45 degree angle on one side
2 wood pieces, 12 inch x 1 inch wide, cut at a 45 degree angle on one side
1 Forstner bit
1 countersink bit
1. Mark 1 inch from the edges on all three wood square pieces that are 12x12 inches.
2. Use a Forstner bit to drill through two of the wood squares, and drill only halfway through on the last wood square.
3. Secure the two pieces of 3-inch x 9-inch pieces of wood butted together on a scrap piece of wood with screws. Mark two inches from the top and bottom. Drill through the marks with the Forstner bit.
4. Place the 3-inch x 9-inch pieces onto the 12-inch x 12-inch piece of wood in between the drilled holes, and mark the edges. Measure two inches from the holes. Place one 3-inch x 9-inch piece back onto the 12-inch x 12-inch piece and drill into place.
5. Repeat with the other 12-inch x 12-inch piece.
6. Take your last 12x12-inch wood square piece and place your desired wine glass in the center. Place the 2 12-inch x 1-inch wide wood pieces on either side of the wine glass, mark, remove the wine glass, and drill both of the two wood pieces into place with four screws.
7. Repeat with the 2 3.2-inch long x 1-inch wide wood pieces.
8. Mark each four dowels at 5 inches and 15 inches long. This will be where the shelf units rest.
9. Push the dowels through the holes of the the three wooden squares so that the top piece with the wine glass holding trim is at the top, and the two other wine bottle holding shelfs are below it. Aid the process of pushing the dowels through with a mallet.
10. Countersink drill all sides of the unit.
11. Drill with screws all sides of the unit.
12. Enjoy your own mini wine bar.