DIY Coat Hanger Lamp
2 wooden coat hangers that lay mostly flat and don’t curve up or down
1 circular wooden base of your choice
1 lamp kit
2 L brackets
2 mending plates
3 1 ½-inch machine screws
1. Remove the hooks and the wooden dowels from both hangers.
2. Mark and pre-drill five spots on each hanger; the ends, middle, and an additional hole near the tip of one end. On one of the hangers, drill all the way through the indent at the top right of the hanger.
3. Place the hangers so the holes at the respective tips are parallel and place a mending plate on top.
4. Insert two of the machine screws into the holes.
5. Flip the hangers and put two nuts on the other end. Tighten with a wrench.
6. Place the two L brackets onto the wooden base and pre-drill, then screw into place.
7. Place the bottom of the hanger in between the L brackets and thrust a machine screw through. Attach a bolt to the end and tighten.
8. Take the wire from the lamp kit and weave through the holes in the coat hanger that were pre-drilled.
9. Thread the wire through the hole that was drilled in the indent at the top of hanger.
10. Assemble the lamp kit per the directions of the kit you purchased, and enjoy your lamp!