2. The model walked during the Ohne Titel runway show at Fashion Week, wearing MAC Cosmetics makeup.
Above, another model walking during the show.
3. Shortly after the photo was posted, one user commented on the Instagram with extremely racist remarks.
The comment reads, “Black women will never be as beautiful as white women. The only argument blacks have is they have more melanin like that matters [crying emoji]. Yes white women can get injections and when they do, they are basically flawless. You don’t have any thing [sic] over them anymore and thats [sic] why you get so pissed off. Keep lying to yourselves thinking your dark asses look better. [crying emojis]. dont [sic] even come at me with the ‘all white features were first started by blacks’ Even if that was true, WHERE THEY AT THO? [100 emoji] Keep projecting your jealousy on white women though, Id [sic] rather be a cracker with injections than look like the majority of you oily yet ashy at the same time people. Acting like you don’t bleach your skins, get nosejobs, get contacts, and dye your hair blonde. [crying emoji, wave emoji].”
4. The comment section quickly blew up with even more racist remarks.
One user wrote, “Holy nigger lips, Batman! What is this color called?… Grape Drank?”
5. Other offensive comments have since been deleted from the comments section.
6. A huge discussion was instantly sparked and people flocked to Instagram to voice their opinions. As of this publication, there are 26,279 comments.
“This women’s lips are a beautiful heart shape. I can’t say the abundance of racist comments that were previously on here actually surprise me. Black features are only considered beautiful when not actually on black women. On Kylie Jenner, full lips are ‘innovative’ and ‘beautiful’ but on actual black women it’s gross and disgusting. The audacity of [the original commenter] (who’s clearly white) commenting ‘nigga lips [crying emoji]’ and getting away with blatant racism shows us how far we still have to come. I LOVE MY BLACKNESS AND YOURS [kiss emoji] xo.”
8. Aamito Stacie Lagum has since responded to the comments with the most GRACEFUL move via her Instagram:
“My lips giving you sleepless nights. On @maccosmetics IG. Thankyou @maccosmetics for this killer color and to that makeup artist .ama get me 3 of these.”
9. And in an official statement to BuzzFeed, a representative for MAC Cosmetics wrote, “M·A·C stands for and respects All Ages, All Races, All Sexes. We do not tolerate any abusive comments in our community.”
An earlier version of this post mislabeled a photo of Aamito Stacie Lagum.
- "It was a wick": Artists, friends, and survivors describe what it was like inside the Oakland warehouse party fire that left at least 9 dead.
- After deciding to end her request for a statewide recount in Pennsylvania, Jill Stein announced she plans to take the issue to federal court Monday.
- Cuba is preparing to bury Fidel Castro: his ashes arrived in Santiago Saturday, the city where he declared his socialist revolution victorious.
- "Saturday Night Live" spoofed Donald Trump retweeting weird people, just like the real president-elect 📱😂