2. Created by Haneefah Adam, a 24-year-old from Nigeria, Barbie poses in the dopest hijab styles we’ve ever seen. Oh, and Adam legit SEWS THE OUTFITS AT HOME to make them the right size for B.
“[The outfits] are inspired by the normal every day look of an hijabi girl,” Adam tells BuzzFeed.
4. “I want Hijarbie to inspire the Muslim girl child. It’s about having a doll that looks like her, that represents her own cultural and religious background.”
“At the end of the day, it will create a sense of value and will be inspiring them to be more confident, more driven, to believe more in themselves which leads to an appreciation of herself and her modest lifestyle and upbringing,” Adam says.
8. You can follow along on Instagram at @Hijarbie.
- Hillary Clinton returned to the public arena in one of her first political appearances since the election, urging Democrats to "keep fighting."
- The White House blocked several media outlets it's been critical of, including BuzzFeed, from a closed-door briefing by Press Secretary Sean Spicer.
- The White House strongly denies reports that Chief of Staff Reince Priebus urged the FBI to undermine stories linking Trump to Russia.
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.