2. Created by Haneefah Adam, a 24-year-old from Nigeria, Barbie poses in the dopest hijab styles we’ve ever seen. Oh, and Adam legit SEWS THE OUTFITS AT HOME to make them the right size for B.
“[The outfits] are inspired by the normal every day look of an hijabi girl,” Adam tells BuzzFeed.
4. “I want Hijarbie to inspire the Muslim girl child. It’s about having a doll that looks like her, that represents her own cultural and religious background.”
“At the end of the day, it will create a sense of value and will be inspiring them to be more confident, more driven, to believe more in themselves which leads to an appreciation of herself and her modest lifestyle and upbringing,” Adam says.
8. You can follow along on Instagram at @Hijarbie.
- Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe will visit Pearl Harbor in Hawaii later this month — the first Japanese leader to do so.
- Donald Trump has picked retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson to be his secretary of housing and urban development.
- Jill Stein has filed a federal lawsuit in Pennsylvania for statewide recount of the 2016 election, after she withdrew a request in state court.
- A woman clapped back at her anti-gay neighbor using festive rainbow Christmas lights 🎄👏