1. "If you are staying at a hotel, grab those cheap slippers and use them on flights. Having your shoes on for 12 hours really leads to poor circulation and cold feet."
2. "If they serve you a glass of something, ask for the whole can. Nine times out of ten, they’ll give it to you."
3. "Eat a heavy meal before boarding. It helps you sleep better."
4. "If you are in the economy cabin and the flight is lightly loaded, choose a middle seat. Watch the front door carefully while people are boarding. As soon as that door closes and no one else is coming on board, shift yourself rapidly to your preferred seat."
5. "Bring some wet wipes. Wipe down the armrests, the tray, and anything you’ll be touching at your seat during the flight. People don’t get sick just because of the dry, recirculated air. It’s often because there isn’t time to clean every surface in a plane between flights."
6. "Download the airline’s app prior to boarding the airplane so you can access the onboard entertainment."
7. "If liquor or other drinks are served in-flight, and you want to repeat your order, then go for last row seat closer to the pantry. Flight attendants generally don't mind serving you extra if you're sitting closer to the pantry."
8. "Bring an adjustable cotton belt. I find that a yoga strap is a great one (you’re not wearing it, you just want something long that loops on itself, so a scarf would work too). Loop the belt through the tray table and close it. Then, adjust it so that your feet can rest as far up or down on the seat in front of you as is comfortable for your knees."
9. "Book flights that depart in the evening, so that after dinner on the plane, you can get some sleep."
10. "Carrying a small medicine bag with pain killers, sinus decongestants, eye drops, nose spray, antacid, and anti-nausea tablets will be handy."
11. "Brush your teeth before landing. It makes you feel human again and wakes you up."
12. "To avoid jet lag, adjust your wrist watch to the destination time of your current flight as soon as you board. Then, tell yourself you are in that time."
13. "Sleep two or three hours the day before the flight and do a lot of exercise. Then, you arrive at the plane completely exhausted, you eat, and the next thing you remember is that you are arriving at your destination."
14. "On long flights, apply a moisturizing lotion on your feet, face, and palms. In-flight atmosphere is very dry, mainly due to the pressurization and air conditioning system."
15. "Bring a cable organizer. When you’re watching a movie or a TV show and your meal comes round, all the wires get tangled up. It usually results in the headphones getting pulled out."
16. "Use compression socks! I bought a pair for use on my last overseas flight and they really do make a huge difference in swelling and comfort."
17. Finally, "Bring a cup of noodle soup on a long-haul flight. Ask for boiling water and enjoy a salty meal between other meals."
What's your genius travel hack? We want to know! Tell us in the comments below!
Entries have been edited for length and clarity.