1. That glorious start-of-the-year feeling sets in: you are now the top dogs, basking in your glory and feeling the fear of the freshmen in your presence.
2. Then it starts to set in that this is going to be a year of lasts: last first day, last homecoming, last Friday night football game.
3. With this in mind, you make extra effort to cherish these beautiful fleeting moments of true adolescence.
4. As you finalize your college list and start your applications, you realize you have no idea what you are going to do with your life.
5. This makes applications all the more stressful, trying to decide what major you want to put down and what specific schools you are applying to.
6. And then there is getting all your teacher recs, writing all those horrific essays, application fees, and turning everything in at 11:59pm the night before the deadline.
7. Before you know it, first semester is over and you're starting to realize that you are almost actually done with high school.
8. As second semester rolls around, however, severe senioritis inevitably kicks in and you have a rough time building up the motivation to give a damn.
9. College acceptance (and yes, rejection) letters start coming around, and you're faced with another impossible decision about where you want to spend the next 4 years of your life.
10. But, eventually, you make your choice and submit that deposit and feel a serious weight lifted off your shoulders.
11. At this point, the last month of school flies by too fast and suddenly it's graduation day.
12. But when you finally move that tassel and get that diploma, you are ready for that next chapter of your life, and appreciative of the one that has just closed.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!