Cannabis Oil Recipe — Crock Pot Method
Oils with the highest fat content, such as olive and coconut, will absorb more cannabinoids (THC/CBD), resulting in higher potency. Canola oil also works well as it is mild in flavor and can be incorporated into many recipes. I choose to make my oil in a Crock-Pot. It's a super easy method that requires very little baby-sitting.
2 cups of oil
1 to 1.5 ounces of dried cannabis (depending on quality/strength)
Pot or large bowl
Fine mesh strainer
1. Pour oil into the Crock-Pot.
2. Add cannabis and stir to completely cover herb with oil.
3. Heat on lowest setting for 3 hours.
4. Allow mixture to cool (8-9 hours).
5. Repeat heating and cooling process up to two more times for increased potency.
6. Pour the oil/herb mixture through the strainer and into your bowl/pot.
7. Use a large spoon to press and recover more oil out of the herb.
8. Discard herb material.
9. Store finished oil in tight-sealing containers and refrigerate.