These 21 Women Shared How They Could Tell They'd Turned Into Their Moms, And I Am Quivering
"When my friend complimented my shirt, and I proudly exclaimed, 'It's from Costco!'"
1. "I realized I was turning into my mom when I caught myself rinsing out plastic sandwich bags so I could use them again."
2. "When my friend complimented my shirt, so I made her feel how soft it was, then proudly exclaimed, 'It's from Costco!'"
3. "When I said, 'Close that door, you're letting all the cold air out!' to my brother, my friends, my classmates, and even one of my teachers."
4. "My mom is really bad with technology, and I used to make fun of her for taking accidental pictures of the dark while she was trying to check the time. Well, I recently realized how much life comes full circle when I discovered about 100 pictures on my phone...of the dark."
5. "When I became the one in my group of friends who always makes sure everyone goes to the bathroom before we go out."
6. "I realized it when last night at work, I admonished my 18-year-old barback for swearing, yelling, 'Language!'"
7. "When I spit on a napkin and wiped my kid's face."
8. "My mom was riding with me to lunch when a car pulled out in front of us, and I instinctively did the 'mom arm' that every mother seems to think will save their front-seat passenger. My mom wouldn't stop laughing at our full-circle moment of me 'mom-arming' her."
9. "When I absentmindedly specified my order at the Popeye's drive-thru was 'to-go.'"
10. "I knew I was becoming my mom when I lectured my own friends on their way to a party about staying together, not accepting drinks from strangers, and not getting in trouble with the cops."
12. "I mocked my mom relentlessly for cocking finger guns at people she passes...and now I do it, too. It's seriously mortifying."
13. "When my kids were jumping around and I said, 'You guys are not going to be satisfied until one of you pokes an eye out!'"
14. "I knew I'd become my mother when I went to the mall to buy shoes and left the mall with five items...none of which were shoes."
15. "I realized I was turning into my mother when we both started crying at the same TV commercial. I used to tease her about crying during commercials all the time — then, out of the blue, there I was sharing her box of tissues."
16. "My mom had to have vacuum lines in the carpet before guests could come over, and now I never have company without those damn lines."
17. "When I started wearing old-lady pajamas. Every time I go to Walmart, I go straight to the $5.99 nightgown rack and get the largest, most comfortable looking gown they have. Even if that means it's covered in cows and cats."
18. "I used to laugh at my mother's big bucket purse, in which she would carry everything from anti-itch cream to snacks. Well, today someone was complaining of a sore throat, so I reached into my purse and offered them several different flavors of cough drops..."
"It was at that moment I realized I'd become my mother, when I saw the mini pharmacy in my purse."
19. "When I started keeping all of my sewing things in one of those Danish butter cookie tins."
20. "When my mom goes to Starbucks, she always arranges her cup and cardboard sleeve so that the logos line up — and now that I'm an adult, I've caught myself obsessively doing the same thing before I can even take a sip!"
21. "I realized I was turning into my mother when my 6-year-old daughter was begging to have a slumber party and I told her 'no.' When she asked why not, I couldn't think of a good enough reason, so I replied, 'Because I said so.'"
What about you? Did you have a hilarious moment in which you realized you were turning into your parents? Tell us about it in the comments section, and you could be featured in an upcoming BuzzFeed Community post!
Some responses were edited for length and clarity.