19 Kids Who Are Hilariously Unreasonable Little Humans
"My 3-year-old cried because her bathing suit got wet when we went swimming."
A while back, we asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to tell us the funniest thing their kid has ever gotten upset over, and the responses — along with some of our readers' comments — prove that kids are adorable, hilarious, and seriously irrational:
1. "My daughter cried for months every time we opened the door because it opened from the right — she wanted it to open from the left."
2. "My little cousin cried because his games were 'too fun.'"
"So we took them away, and he started crying again."
3. "My 2-year-old had a sobbing meltdown because her brother had bird poop on his window and she didn't."
4. "My son once woke up crying because paper towels are rectangular-shaped and not triangular. I had to fold a paper towel into a triangle for him to go back to sleep."
5. "My 2-year-old got mad that someone took a bite out of her strawberry. It was her. She took a bite out of her strawberry."
6. "I was at a hibachi restaurant when the 3-year-old girl at the table across from us had a meltdown because her mom said she couldn't eat the gum that was stuck under the table."
7. "My toddler started screaming because he wanted to go inside the bathroom. The bathroom door was open. And when I said he could go in, he started screaming even louder!"
8. "My 3-year-old daughter once had a meltdown because I wouldn't let her shove a tampon in her nose."
9. "I once had a 9-year-old in my class become upset during our 'life cycle of humans' unit when they found out they had eggs inside them."
10. "My 3-year-old cried because her bathing suit got wet when we went swimming."
11. "My kid threw a screaming tantrum when I wouldn't let her lick the raw meat I was defrosting."
12. "My 3-year-old freaked out when I told him not to wipe his nose with a piece of bread then eat it afterwards."
13. "I bought this adorable princess potty that played music and clapping noises when the sensor got wet. The first time my daughter peed on the potty she started shrieking because she thought the music was coming out of her butt!"
15. "When my daughter was 4, she spent a couple weeks really angry with me that I didn't name her 'Russell.'"
16. "My 4-year-old daughter absolutely lost it because I couldn't take her skin off. HER SKIN."
18. "My toddler cried on more than one occasion because the bottoms of his legs had bumps. The bumps were his ankles."
19. "On our way to the store to buy jelly for my daughter's sandwich, I started singing the chorus to Destiny's Child's 'Bootylicious' — 'I don't think you're ready for this jelly' — and my daughter started sobbing and said, 'Mommy, I'm ready for the jelly!'"
What about you? Has your kid ever gotten upset over something so ridiculous it's actually pretty hilarious? Tell us about it in the comments below, and you could be featured in a future BuzzFeed Community post!
Some responses have been edited for length and clarity.